Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2001 2500, there is a small cubby thing below the heat and A/C cotrol panel, the light has gone out, either the fuse gone or the light, im leaning towards the light but either way i dont know which fuse it would or how to replace the bulb, do i have to remove the cluster cover to pop it out? there are 2 screws holding it in and took those out and it didnt even budge, any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
19,310 Posts
I replaced mine once years ago but do not remember any issues. I think I had the cup holder out at the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 6 speed standard so i dont have the folding cup holder (assuming thats what you have) but i have my CB radio in that spot, im talking about the the small folding cubby, for whatever reason it wont let me upload a pic

·
Registered
19,310 Posts
Isn't the bulb a long one with two metal ends that snaps in like an old fashion tube style fuse? The storage section should have a few screws holding it in just the same as my cup holders.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks like it yes, and i removed the two screws and it would come out, i didnt want to break so i didnt pull too hard

·
Registered
88 Posts
You're talking about the one on the left? I believe I just took the two screws out at the top and pulled straight towards me. The back of it has a plastic rod that inserts into the dash. Mine was easy but if never taken out before maybe they need a little more persuasion.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts