Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a Edge CTS3 on my 2011 and I cannot find the "GEAR" PID. I looked through the basic PID's and the Advanced PID's. Where is it located or how do I get it? Its one of the biggest things I wanted to watch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gear & lock up was present on my CTS3 when hooked up to my 2014. I messed around with it for a while and then lost that. Couldn't find it for a bit. I finally found options for resetting the unit. Something about reset to initial settings. Also found reset EAS settings. I think that is the option that set everything back to the way it was. Now i have the gear info back. I too was annoyed when I thought I was not going to able to see that anymore. Look for those reset options it may help you out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gear & lock up was present on my CTS3 when hooked up to my 2014. I messed around with it for a while and then lost that. Couldn't find it for a bit. I finally found options for resetting the unit. Something about reset to initial settings. Also found reset EAS settings. I think that is the option that set everything back to the way it was. Now i have the gear info back. I too was annoyed when I thought I was not going to able to see that anymore. Look for those reset options it may help you out.
Did I talk to you on Facebook about this LOL?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did I talk to you on Facebook about this LOL?
Nope...can't take credit for that. Although it sounds like some else has had the same issues.
My problem strted when I hooked up the EAS SOTF function. That's when I lost the gear indicator. I decided since I already had the switch mounted, I would go back to that. Then went through the reset steps I mentioned to get the gear thing back. Don't know if this helps any or not, but my experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope...can't take credit for that. Although it sounds like some else has had the same issues.
My problem strted when I hooked up the EAS SOTF function. That's when I lost the gear indicator. I decided since I already had the switch mounted, I would go back to that. Then went through the reset steps I mentioned to get the gear thing back. Don't know if this helps any or not, but my experience.
Idk. I have the monitor and switch fully installed now. Reset PID’s and defaulted everything. Still no gear option. 😭

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not sure if this applies or not but make sure you did not select manual transmission when you setup the insight for your vehicle. I had an issue on my 2010 I had and I accidentally selected that. Once I reset it and reinstalled it with the right trans selection I got the PID back.

This was on a CTS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure if this applies or not but make sure you did not select manual transmission when you setup the insight for your vehicle. I had an issue on my 2010 I had and I accidentally selected that. Once I reset it and reinstalled it with the right trans selection I got the PID back.

This was on a CTS.
I didn't have to set up my vehicle. The CTS3 does it automatically. Makes me wonder though if it screwed it up or something. Calling Edge today. I want that PID.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Can you manually add PID to the CTS3? I've got a tablet set up that I run Torque Pro app on with PIDs for gear change. Both commanded and actual along with torque converter lockup.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you manually add PID to the CTS3? I've got a tablet set up that I run Torque Pro app on with PIDs for gear change. Both commanded and actual along with torque converter lockup.

Not that I'm aware of. I did call EDGE though yesterday and was informed that it is a known issue they are working on. For some reason it is hit and miss on which CTS3 units have the PID and which ones don't. They don't know why. They said I can keep the unit as long as I want while they work on the issue but if I ever get tired of waiting I can return it anytime for a full refund. I'm gonna keep it but the "Gear and TCL" PID is a big reason I wanted the unit. Hope they fix it quick. I don not want to return it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick update for everyone who googles this problem and finds my post here. So Edge called me yesterday and said they had an update for me. I updated and tried again and I still did not have the gear and tci PID. They had me press the log button on the back of the monitor with the truck running and the monitor showing the gauge screen and then send them that file by updating again. They are looking at that now to see whats going on and make another update from it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts