Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Only the one ring was separated from the top layer? All of the other rings are still attatched?
exactly I dont understand how that happened will post some pics this weekend but it did blow The radiator looked like you poured bubble bath over in it when the thermostat opened at operating temp and it was also pushing coolant out of the overflow ,but it seemed like it was only happening after a hard run with high boost

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
exactly I dont understand how that happened will post some pics this weekend but it did blow The radiator looked like you poured bubble bath over in it when the thermostat opened at operating temp and it was also pushing coolant out of the overflow ,but it seemed like it was only happening after a hard run with high boost
Interesting, and that is your origonal HG that came with the truck?

How many miles with the BM?

How long with the BM?

How do you drive? (what settings you use most?)

looking forward to a picture of the failure.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Dodgeram, can you also measure your rings, and see if they are the same has in this photo?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Interesting, and that is your origonal HG that came with the truck?

How many miles with the BM?

How long with the BM?

How do you drive? (what settings you use most?)

looking forward to a picture of the failure.

:thumbsup:
I beat the crap out of the truck no towing just heavy foot I run on hot nearly all the time and I have roughly 3000 miles on the black maxx before it though I ran the smarty and the xrt as well as the PMT got called into work this weekend so it will probably be monday bofore i can get a pic up but yes i will measure the ring bud

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
not yet work has run me across the country I will soon as i get home

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
got a measurement for you .083 on cylinder one which is the only one which seperated

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Oops meant to say sylinder 6 sorry guys

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
got a measurement for you .083 on cylinder one which is the only one which seperated
Was the ring concentric? Or was it like Ken's with an offset from the inner to outer diameter?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
It had an offset from the inner to outer diameter just like kens if I am not mistaken I tried to get some pics but my camera took a big dump on the quality side.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It had an offset from the inner to outer diameter just like kens if I am not mistaken I tried to get some pics but my camera took a big dump on the quality side.
Did you go back with the stock HG?

I'm trying to decide what to do with mine. I'm not sure a have blown the HG, but then again I may have. Did anybody find anything out about the Gasket Works deal? I'm very interested in this.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
yes I do have a mls gasket put back in it with 625 studs bud dunno about the gasket works deal did you blow yours bud

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm not sure if mine is blown yet or what actually. I think it may be messed up a tad, but i don't have bubbles in the coolant or nothing like that. I figure I'll just run it for a while and check it often.

Did you put the HG in yourself or did you let that place in Emory do it? I'm trying to decide on whether or not I want to put the gasket in or let them do it and put the studs in.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I let performance diesel in emory do it and put in the studs he will let you in the shop while hes doing it so i didnt have a problem with it

101 - 114 of 114 Posts