Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there done any cryo on an Nv5600? If so how have the results been? On the 4 th tranny in 2 years Need to find a way to make it stronger:banghead:

· Registered
1,464 Posts
try a 5speeed. way easier to rebuilt..ussualy no problems after you fix 5th gear nut. also 3rd gear has a problem once ur in really high hp but i dont know for sure.

· Registered
2,106 Posts
what was your mileage on each one of the failures? where have you been getting your trannys/parts? what parts have you been breakin?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First tranny was 6th gear tore the teeth off, Second time 6th had a bad bearing, Third time was the teeth off of 5th, And now 4th gear, about every 10-20,000 kms. Through a guy who builds for NADP. Think about cryoing a new set of gears.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
5 speed isn't rated for the power your pushing.

· Registered
2,106 Posts
man you shouldnt be shattering your nv56 like that with 500 horse. i am a firm believer in cryo'n parts, but you gotta make sure they are authentic nv parts. it would be absolutely a waste of time and money to cryo aftermarket korea/china/taiwan parts. do you know this guy who bulids your trannys? is he trustworthy? authentic nv parts are not easy to come by and are becoming harder and harder to find. guys are stealin the guts out of trannys that come through their shops all the time, and replacing them with korea parts. you would, without a doubt, shatter korea parts if thats what your tranny man used, no matter how many times he rebulids it. find some authentic nv parts, or find a low mileage used tranny. somethin is rotten in denmark if you are shatterin nv56's every 10000 miles. thats my advise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.