Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i set my cruise control the truck studders and doesnt stay at the set speed. i watch my boost gauge and when it studders it loses boost so im thinking its something electronic. it only does this when i have the cruise on. any ideas how i can fix this?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I would guess you have a vacuum leak somewhere. One way to test for vacuum leaks on gassers is to take a handheld propane torch, turned on, but not lit and move it around parts under the hood, when the engine revs a little, there is a vacuum leak where your torch is aiming. Obviously your engine has to be running to do this and DON"T DO THIS UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE CHIMES IN AND SAYS ITS OK TO DO THIS ON A DIESEL because i'm not sure about that, but i've done it with success on a gasser. Good luck!

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
when i set my cruise control the truck studders and doesnt stay at the set speed. i watch my boost gauge and when it studders it loses boost so im thinking its something electronic. it only does this when i have the cruise on. any ideas how i can fix this?
Most likely clock spring in the steering wheel is broken. This is what connects the buttons to the computers... The cruise control is controlled by the PCM/ECM...

I would guess you have a vacuum leak somewhere. One way to test for vacuum leaks on gassers is to take a handheld propane torch, turned on, but not lit and move it around parts under the hood, when the engine revs a little, there is a vacuum leak where your torch is aiming. Obviously your engine has to be running to do this and DON"T DO THIS UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE CHIMES IN AND SAYS ITS OK TO DO THIS ON A DIESEL because i'm not sure about that, but i've done it with success on a gasser. Good luck!
On a 2002 there is no Vacuum Motor for cruise... It's all electronic...:w:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts