Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another "NEWBIE" question. I have recently lost my cruise control, 99 cummins 2500 Ram, at times it will click on but will not maintain, I have check vacuum lines and can not determine if there is a leak or not. Then there are other times it won't come on at all. Before I drop the cash for a "DEALER ITEM" only (Cruise COntrol Servo) I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas. ITs driving me nuts not having it.
Thanks for the time and response.

Shane

·
Registered
535 Posts
same question here on my 98.5 it doesnt even come on? i posted once about it with no avail. I cant even find a fuse for it

·
Registered
97 Posts
well on my 03 f150 my cc and horn went out. i took it to my dealer and i was told it was a switch inside the steering wheel that controlled them, and if it gets worn out it stops working. hey put a new one in and it worked. might be the same problem for you,but its two different brand trucks, so you never know. what exactly is a cruise control servo?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The switch seems to work due to the occasional use, however I have found some informatin on the net about a servo that is housed under the batterbox and is a dealer item only....go figure....with a cost of around $200.00 and thought I would put this out before I spent the money on the part. The vac lines and servo are the three main things to check according to my limited knowledge. Anyhow not a bunch of reponse on this thread either. Bummer !!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'm having the same problem with mine. How do you check the vaccum lines?

·
Registered
98 Posts
yep i had the same problem with mine and it was a hole in the vaccuum line. the line is on the drivers side and goes to the vaccuum pump that sits right above the injection pump. the line is a small black plastic line. just trace it and see if there is a whole. if there is one i fixed mine by splicing in a rubber line that fit right over the old tube that i picked up for a couple bucks at the hardware store.
hope this helps:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
yep i had the same problem with mine and it was a hole in the vaccuum line. the line is on the drivers side and goes to the vaccuum pump that sits right above the injection pump. the line is a small black plastic line. just trace it and see if there is a whole. if there is one i fixed mine by splicing in a rubber line that fit right over the old tube that i picked up for a couple bucks at the hardware store.
hope this helps:thumbsup
Ok thanks. I will have to check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts