Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 04 3500 diesel yesterday and the cruise doesn't work. It comes on but doesn't set the speed. I noticed a black cover next to the manifold and it was slightly ajar, so I snapped it back in place and the cruise worked for 2 minutes. Checked again and noticed the cover was ajar again. Maybe it's just binding. Is there some mod you guys know about to stop that and has it happened to any of you guys? thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's auto and all stock. I assumed it was a manifold. A 90-degree next to the black box that assume has the cruise servo thanks

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Yes drivers side has air intake elbow ,intake manifold is cast part of cylinder head.

2004 automatic has all your mechnical cables under that cover to protect it from an objects falling into mechanism and possibly making APPS/throttle stick.
There should be 2 plastic screws/inserts, PITA to remove, and a tab that hold that cover in place.
I would remove make sure everything is okay.

APPS cable/sensor/wiring for throttle.
TV cable to activate throttle valve in trans very important for proper trans operation.
Speed control cable that goes to servo/electric vacuum pump for speed control.
Should make sure cables are operating properly and cover is in proper place so cables can all move freely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts