Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking for a buddy with a new 2020 Cummins. Is there a speed limit the cruise control maxes out at? It looks like he’s experiencing cruise control not letting him go higher than 85. Personally that sounds a little nuts to me but I guess where he is that’s pretty normal.

Does anybody know if Alfa ODB would be able to adjust or disable that feature if so?

·
hydraulic lifter crew
11,880 Posts
some people have had luck. I've tried it multiple times to no avail. I've done numerous other changes with alpha, and no issues. not sure why max cruise and max speed changes don't hold.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Asking for a buddy with a new 2020 Cummins. Is there a speed limit the cruise control maxes out at? It looks like he’s experiencing cruise control not letting him go higher than 85. Personally that sounds a little nuts to me but I guess where he is that’s pretty normal.

Does anybody know if Alfa ODB would be able to adjust or disable that feature if so?
AlfaOBD can’t do it because it’s part of the engine tune file. If you set it at 85, you can increase it using the + button.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes AlfaObd can change the top speed of the cruise control on both 2019 and 2020 trucks . It's part of the BCM not the ECU . AlfaObd's latest update 20.18 has changed some of the names and options . I've changed mine on my 2019 and for a friends 2020 . The truck from the factory is 85mph the AlfaObd will change it to 220km (136MPH) . We have a toll road which I'm on in texas Toll Road 130 and the speed limit is 85mph and I like to be able to get my cruise around 90 to 92 mph .

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Yes AlfaObd can change the top speed of the cruise control on both 2019 and 2020 trucks . It's part of the BCM not the ECU . AlfaObd's latest update 20.18 has changed some of the names and options . I've changed mine on my 2019 and for a friends 2020 . The truck from the factory is 85mph the AlfaObd will change it to 220km (136MPH) . We have a toll road which I'm on in texas Toll Road 130 and the speed limit is 85mph and I like to be able to get my cruise around 90 to 92 mph .
This is where it usually ends with how to do this. Every time someone says they’ve done it, they don’t explain what settings they changed and never answer back. I’ve seen the speed setting, and changing it to 220 and it’s never done anything. Same with anybody else that’s tried. So, what settings did you change?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Give me a chance to look at it they changed some stuff with the 21.80 update and I will get back with you and let you know .

·
US ARMY Retired
781 Posts

This is what I have found...no AflaOBD required...if you set the cruise above 85 it won't set. If you set it at 84 MPH and then go up by one mile an hour increments (pushing the acc button) one push at a time....you can go as high as you want. I can neither confirm or deny that I have done this.....;)....but it does work.

EDIT: My truck is limited to 106MPH top speed....due to the tires I believe.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok I'm gonna eat crow on this one LOL , The changes I made were the max speed of trucks I changed were the 19'&20' . I contacted Alexxi , the cruise control max speed setting is located in the ECM like Jimmy07 mentioned. But the ECM for the 2019 trucks will be out in a few weeks is what I was told and the changes will be and can be made to the cruise control in that part of the ECU . I guess my assumption that the cruise control max speed was changed thru the Alfa Obd is I was setting it up like with the + arrows on the steering wheel which does work . I apologize to Jimmy07 if I sounded liked I was calling you out . I'm ready for my lashings LOL.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Ok I'm gonna eat crow on this one LOL , The changes I made were the max speed of trucks I changed were the 19'&20' . I contacted Alexxi , the cruise control max speed setting is located in the ECM like Jimmy07 mentioned. But the ECM for the 2019 trucks will be out in a few weeks is what I was told and the changes will be and can be made to the cruise control in that part of the ECU . I guess my assumption that the cruise control max speed was changed thru the Alfa Obd is I was setting it up like with the + arrows on the steering wheel which does work . I apologize to Jimmy07 if I sounded liked I was calling you out . I'm ready for my lashings LOL.
LOL, no lashings for you. I’m glad you reported back to clarify. Every time I see someone claim they changed it, they never explain, or respond to follow up questions. I am definitely curious to see if he can make anything stick in the PCM and last more than one drive cycle after the change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts