Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1996, 2500, Club, 8', 12v, NV4500, RWD, SRW
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turning cruise on and off is very uncomfortable and probably not great for the drivetrain. If I'm cruising and hit the button, it SLAMS on. If I turn it off, it slams off. I have to be under a little acceleration before activating and keep pressure on the accelerator before deactivating. Is there a way to soften it? Maybe a bushing in the actuator is worn out or something?

· Registered
504 Posts
Has anyone adjusted your throttle/accelerator recently?

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I highly doubt PO ever touched it and I know I haven't. It acts like I'd expect it to if the engineers didn't purposely try to soften it... ie: turn off cruise and the throttle spring slams shut.

· Registered
504 Posts
So how long have you had it? Have you checked the threads or manual for adjustments or others with this problem? I ve personally never had any issue with mine so I m trying to steer you to any place there could be help.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did a few searches with varying keywords and found nothing. Will get to the manual when I get home.

· Registered
‘98 2500 Quad cab 12 valve 4x4 with 5 speed
749 Posts
There’s some process for resetting/relearning how the cruise sets and reacts. Most posts I’ve seen are related to setting the cruise causes the truck to accelerate. But FWIW, when I tap my brake to shut the cruise off my truck is jerky feeling. The relearn procedure has something to do with setting the cruise and canceling and resetting a certain number of times

1 - 6 of 6 Posts