Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, ive basically killed myself trying to get my cruise to work, from the wiring diagram my clockspring is good, horn works, on off works, buttons work, and the cruise control unit works, it clicks on off, but my problem is im staring at my wiring diagram (thanks phillip) and noticed a wire called vacuum..

my problem is my low vacuum switch is gone (was bad) and the connector is open, turning off the stupid abs lights... so my question is where else can i look to get my cruise working again???

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well looking at the wiring diagram, looks like theres a vacuum and a vent wire for the control unit, im freaking lost.. lol...

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,269 Posts
my problem is my low vacuum switch is gone (was bad) and the connector is open, turning off the stupid abs lights... so my question is where else can i look to get my cruise working again???
You just found your problem.

My truck had a bad vac switch when I bought it. The vac nipple was broken off. Replaced the switch and CC came back to life.

Page 8W-74 and 8W-75 cover the circuits for that vac switch.It does tie into the PCM.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have that manual, all i have is a wiring diagram... is there a way to jumper it?? mines broken and ive been looking for a new one, but its almost impossible... i tried jumping the 2 black/white wires and the brake and abs lights came on.. lol...

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,269 Posts
Those wiring diagrams in the tech section have the page numbers on them. It is at the top of the page in a corner. Just scroll threw till you find those page numbers.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah theres no way of finding it, ive been through it 10 times, i found a vacuum sensor from a member on here so hes shipping monday ill post to see if it fixed my problems..

·
Registered
546 Posts
I was going to try and find those schems for you out of the 91 bank, but I cannot find links for the 89-92 schems that are posted on here for the life of me. I could have sworn that they were sticky'd....

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,269 Posts
In Thumpers sticky for diagrams all the links went dead. It was deleted.

Page 8W-74

Page 8W-75

BTW I am currently adding page numbers to the diagrams on my photobucket account. All 130 of them. :rof

Reactions: Brucetafer

·
Registered
546 Posts
I believe the ones on mine are all numbered and in order.

Phillip, should we try and get the old schematics back in place? Im sure between the two of us we should have no problem hosting them all, if we can find them.

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,269 Posts
Winkles they were numbered. When host on photobucket. You can't see page numbers unless you click on the page. I added page number titles to all of them now.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for those, i have them form when you posted them a year ago or so, but i couldnt see the page numbers, i was going off the AD34 for the page numbers... anyhow, i go a sensor being shipped to me monday so ill post back when i get it put in if it works or not.. i cant figure out where those wires go for the low vacuum sensor... im also thinking theres a vacuum leak as well... im going to check and see tomorrow...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Winkles they were numbered. When host on photobucket. You can't see page numbers unless you click on the page. I added page number titles to all of them now.
I never knew that. Pretty weak sauce if you ask me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts