Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cruise can't seem to stay at the speed I set it at. After I set it and take my foot off the accelerator, it will begin to slow down, and then quickly accelerate, and then slow down, and accelerate again, and so on, and so on. Any idea on whats goin on? I do alot of highway driving and it is driving me mad not being able to use cruise.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Cruise unit is vacume driven. Located under driver's side battery. Sometimes diaphram or lines are damaged by acid or dry rot. That's where I would start looking for easy fix.

Reactions: neuf_123456

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll start lookin there first thing tomorrow morning

·
Registered
402 Posts
wash the motor

hey man i had this same problem when i purchased my truck, i never found out what the actual solution was but when i popped the hood it was pretty dirty and the hood liner was just nasty. ... i ripped the liner out so dirt wouldnt get caught up in the mat anymore and drop down all over the engine altho it does quiet the engine noise. who cares. .. i got a power washer and jjust powerwashed the heck out of the engine with it running. and yes it fixed it. i never had a problem since then. been over a year now. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts