Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas of what the problem may be? Are there some common things to check? Fuses? Also what is an optimal RPM for cruising at highway speeds, (say 65 mph) for maximum fuel economy. My truck is running at about 1750 RPM. I just picked the truck up a couple of days ago and I'm pretty new to all this diesel stuff. Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine is the clock spring. I over steared it one time and head a tiny snap. Cost at a dealer is around 180.00 for a new one. just don't want to spend that kinda money on it right now got better things to spend it on like a new stearing shaft this is the last time I rebuild the factory POS.:fist:

Greg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine is the clock spring. I over steared it one time and head a tiny snap. Cost at a dealer is around 180.00 for a new one. just don't want to spend that kinda money on it right now got better things to spend it on like a new stearing shaft this is the last time I rebuild the factory POS.:fist:

Greg
Where is the clock spring?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe it is in the steering column. I checked the fuse and it ok. I'll have to get into the steering column to see whats going on in there I guess. My horn and hazards and turn signals all work fine, just the cruise is screwed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
my cruise don't work either. the dealer that i bought it from said the clock spring was broke too. so that must be the problem. anybody have a pic on repairing this problem? thanks
ez

·
Registered
123 Posts
You have to pull the steering wheel to fix the clock spring. I have never done it but it shouldn't be that bad of a job if you have the right tools. I just spent the money for my clock spring on a new steering shaft. Got to start saving again, oh wait that stans 4" down pipe looks good maybe that will be next. Looks like the old clock spring is on the back burner again.:T:

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts