Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been doing alot of research on this site and others, finding infomation on upgradeing my truck. I've got some basic mods in there now(see sig).

My goal is 500hp+ DD below is what I have come up with to use. Please tell me your thoughts and any ideas you might have. Also if you see that i'll need to change the order or add something, like re-torqueing the head bolts, advance timing, etc let me know.

-HTT exhaust manfold(seems pricey if you know of one cheaper please post)
-4k gov. springs
-BHAF
-1 ton rear brake cylinders
-DDP 140 sticks(I'm honestly lost here, I hear the bosch 370's are cheap but dont really give much but smoke, are these to hot? should I go with the ddp 90's - list some other injectors that i can use to meet my goal)
-clutch kit/transmission(thinking suncoast or goerend...sun coast is cheaper, if i need to move this up on the list let me know)
-DDP pump delivery valves(if you know cheaper please post)
-HTB2 Street Stock 62 w/ 13cm housing( i want to avoid spool lag and be able to see a spot on the road and be there. Not have to wait for my engine to catch up)
-anything else you can think of I need to do to make it to 500+?

I still need to tab the dowell pin. This truck has 215k miles, 5th gear went out years ago, had it rebuilt and fully splined in. Besides that I havent had any problems with her. Everything else is still stock.

·
Registered
736 Posts
where you are at now if it were me the trans would be next.... yer about there for it now.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I see some problem areas.

For 500 hp,

Oring the head ($300)
New stock headbolts at 130 ft/lbs
5 x .014
62/65/13 or 14
Pump work
SBC 3250 DD Clutch
4k gsk

Delivery valves arent needed. The 181s are more than sufficient. DDP 140s are 5 x .014.

I would opt for twins because 500 wont be enough you'll soon find. And i had twins built for cheaper than a HTB2

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Elaborate on "pump work" I dont know what you mean. What turbo's did you use in your twin setup?

2,402 Posts
wouldnt think u would need an exhaust manifold for 500hp, it would be ok once u upgrade too twins though :thumbsup:

also prolly want a 62/71/14 turbo if ur runnin DDP 140 injectors, might overspool a 62/65/13

I have a 62/65/12 and think ill barely be able to run DDP 90 injectors without worryin about egt's

what do u guys think?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Elaborate on "pump work" I dont know what you mean. What turbo's did you use in your twin setup?
hx35/ht3b-26
5 x .012 injectors
21mm rack travel
5" exhaust
4k gsk

This was my setup that was around 525hp.

Pump work just entails that you achieve a certain amount of rack travel. Certain AFC mods are required to do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts