Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bit the bullet finally. Just ordered it today. Will arrive at my house this monday or tuesday.

Crew Cab Sleeper - Home

Will post pics later

It was on 1 month backorder and mine shipped today.:hyper::hyper::hyper:

It was hard to decide but i thought this would be more better for me although other brand looks fancier and more comforable with NO STORAGE.
Woodhouse Sleeper Berth for Dodge and Ford Pickups

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
Very nice. I'm 6'6 so I don't know if I would be able to fit :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thats so cool!

I tried sleeping in my mega cab once and being 6'0" it just didnt work...

:thumbsup

·
Registered
882 Posts
But its not really DOT legal. The width and height where it goes through the window are not large enough. Just log off duty not sleeper berth. I called and although they claim they have no reported issues with the dot, they will admit if asked a direct question that it is not dot compliant based on dimensions. Just want you to know since FL seems to have bug up there butt lately with us pick up guys...Maybe Disney not generating as much tax revenue this year:lol3:.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But its not really DOT legal. The width and height where it goes through the window are not large enough. Just log off duty not sleeper berth. I called and although they claim they have no reported issues with the dot, they will admit if asked a direct question that it is not dot compliant based on dimensions. Just want you to know since FL seems to have bug up there butt lately with us pick up guys...Maybe Disney not generating as much tax revenue this year:lol3:.
funny you bring that up. I brought that up to the owner and he said thats not true. People measure like you said and thats not how it works. From bottom of mattress to roof of cab is more then enough room and is complety DOT legal with demensions. But you better beleive im grabbing a tape measure when install and I will take pics with tape measure to finnaly end this myth with dodges and crew cab sleepers along on a couple other hotshot sites. Will keep ya posted:thumbsup

·
Registered
882 Posts
This is what I posted over on rvtransporters.net...

Instead of guessing I decided to call CCS. I specifically asked about the height going through the window, he made no attempt to mislead me and stated that no it does not meet the height requirement there. He then stated that all the agencies that looked at would overlook that since that is where either your pillow or feet would go and since it met all the rest of the requirements and could provide a place to get a good nights sleep.

The last part of his statement did not make to comfortable about dealing with him. His website is misleading about being compliant and now he wanted me assume that every dot officer would overlook the dimension that is a federal guideline.

I just measured the window opening it 20" tall so no matter what its not compliant. You need 24" from the top of the mattress.

Here is a link to the regulation...http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/...s.gpo.gov/cfr_2005/octqtr/pdf/49cfr393.76.pdf

(a) Dimensions—(1) Size. A sleeper
berth must be at least the following
size:
Date of installation
on motor vehicle
Length
measured
on centerline
of longitudinal
axis
(inches)
Width
measured
on centerline
of
transverse
axis
(inches)
Height
measured
from highest
point of
top of mattress
(inches)
After September 30,
1975 ..................... 75x24x24

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hey Coop...

Found this rig right down by you, ever seen it. The trailer is pretty unique since its for cars and boats. May go look at it in a week or so...I may try living in Tampa again and doing cars and boats.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Thats so cool!

I tried sleeping in my mega cab once and being 6'0" it just didnt work...

:thumbsup
are you serious? I am 6'1" and got a sleeping bag in a cooooold :butt: weather in mo. and slept like a king.. If you have ready my threads.. it's the reason i am trying to justify buying another megacab.. but really need the long bed.. :CRY:

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
I bit the bullet finally. Just ordered it today. Will arrive at my house this monday or tuesday.

Crew Cab Sleeper - Home

Will post pics later

It was on 1 month backorder and mine shipped today.:hyper::hyper::hyper:

It was hard to decide but i thought this would be more better for me although other brand looks fancier and more comforable with NO STORAGE.
Woodhouse Sleeper Berth for Dodge and Ford Pickups
I honestly don't know if that is a good idea cause according to cummins and the new dpf.. it's not ok to idle.. who know's..

·
Registered
882 Posts
are you serious? I am 6'1" and got a sleeping bag in a cooooold :butt: weather in mo. and slept like a king.. If you have ready my threads.. it's the reason i am trying to justify buying another megacab.. but really need the long bed.. :CRY:
I got an air mattress that is meant for the back of an SUV and it fits like it was made for the Mega. Go here to see.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I honestly don't know if that is a good idea cause according to cummins and the new dpf.. it's not ok to idle.. who know's..
I hate letting it idle. Our trucks our fuel wasters and its about the same price to get a motel for a night then to let it idle all night. I just turn it off for the nights best i can

Reactions: hulld

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Coop...

Found this rig right down by you, ever seen it. The trailer is pretty unique since its for cars and boats. May go look at it in a week or so...I may try living in Tampa again and doing cars and boats.

Yah i was looking at those trailers and still considering that 1 as an option. Im starting to pick up on some boat dealers doing the 19-23 footers and wouldnt mind doing the biggers. Package should be in thursday or friday. cant wait:hyper::hyper:

trucks going to shop monday morning for new tires all around, 67,000 mile mainataince with ccv filter and egr cleaning. I have a bad valve cover leak too from last trip so hopefully i can score warrenty work. Will have pics soon:peelout

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yah i was looking at those trailers and still considering that 1 as an option. Im starting to pick up on some boat dealers doing the 19-23 footers and wouldnt mind doing the biggers. Package should be in thursday or friday. cant wait:hyper::hyper:

trucks going to shop monday morning for new tires all around, 67,000 mile mainataince with ccv filter and egr cleaning. I have a bad valve cover leak too from last trip so hopefully i can score warrenty work. Will have pics soon:peelout
He wants 75k for both. He said he paid like 23k for the trailer and is asking 15k for it by itself. I am trying to get a load to FL to go look at it:peelout.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice.. cheaper than hotel, motel, holiday inn.. :)
It really works well. I bought the electric pump too (fills and deflates). I When I'm done sleeping I deflate it and roll it up and put the seats back up. The mattress pillows, blanket and so on fit nice behind the seat. It takes me less than 5min to either set up or put away my bed.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He wants 75k for both. He said he paid like 23k for the trailer and is asking 15k for it by itself. I am trying to get a load to FL to go look at it:peelout.
I use to have a link to there website. U know what kinda trailer that is?????

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its a Broward Auto and Boat Trailer.

Get the CCS yet???
Nah, my window inserts came in today and called ups and they said they damaged it and had to return it to canada. I just talked to CCS and he wasnt aware and heading back to shop to get numbers and call ups and see wtf is going on. How the heck can you destroy a aluminum frame and mattress????? Im so frusterated. I was getting so excited when i saw ups and now im furious cause they never called a few days ago when it happened. So now im prolly gonna have to wait another week or bribe ups to next day that byatch:thumbsup

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im getting another box shipped monday. Arghhhh. Here are my window inserts at least.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts