Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have a simple question I can't find an answer to. I'm trying to create a custom TC lock up controller that keeps the TC locked when the accelerator is bought back to an idle. I'm simply going to have the controller override the OEM lock up when the the APPS is below a certain calibrated position and the speed is above a certain calibrated speed. Forgetting all the other little details I'm building in, I basically need to know where and how I can tap into the speed signal, most likely VSS? What kind of signal should I expect (how many hertzs and amount of voltage) and where should I tap? The APPS is easy because it's simply a voltage. If anyone knows the electronics please help.

aaron

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha yeah i've seen all that, but i was looking to actually make a controller where it holds the TC down till a certain speed at which it automatically disengages. That way it always has the added benefit of the TC being locked, but I don't have to worry about other people driving my truck and not knowing how to properly use the switch. It want to build in other features too, such as having it be locked down holding back until I hit the o/d off switch at which point my controller will disengage the TC let the tranny downshift, then reengage. Basically i'm looking for more than a switch.

·
Registered
849 Posts
i have been wanting one of these to make my exhaust brake more effective are you going to make it down shift to

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts
Gotcha, I just unplug mine if anyone else drives the truck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry fellas, been busy, ha. and to yes, if i get time i would like to make it have a 4-3 downshift feature. I want it to do it automatically and also manually by hitting the o/d off switch. I have to have it disengage the TC, let the pcm down, then pause a second, and reengage the TC. I still have the nitty gritty to work in the electronics on that part, but i'm still trying to figure out how to tap into hte VSS signal, taht's all that's holding me back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts