Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tuned mine at 6k, left EGR on in case I changed my mind. EGR just went at 12k. :rolleyes:

This is why people delete..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks all. I'm doing it, just saving for the efi live v3 right now. 1350 plus tax so its pricey

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Thanks all. I'm doing it, just saving for the efi live v3 right now. 1350 plus tax so its pricey

That’s like $80 to most guys in this thread. Lol they don’t understand our coloured money.

Good luck.

If you don’t care about the sotf switch it can save you $150. I have sotf tuning but no switch. Just use autocal to change tunes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
That’s like $80 to most guys in this thread. Lol they don’t understand our coloured money.

Good luck.

If you don’t care about the sotf switch it can save you $150. I have sotf tuning but no switch. Just use autocal to change tunes.
The $1350 is the autocal with 4 tunes. No switch. The single tune is 1199, but I think I'd want more than one ?

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
The $1350 is the autocal with 4 tunes. No switch. The single tune is 1199, but I think I'd want more than one ?

That’s up to you. I haven’t bothered to switch mine really. I tried race. It went a little harder. But I’m not gonna drive around like that. If I’m towing far, I’ll flip it to tow. But for short stuff I just leave it alone and drive with my foot.

If you don’t tow heavy a single tune would be fine and drive it accordingly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
That’s up to you. I haven’t bothered to switch mine really. I tried race. It went a little harder. But I’m not gonna drive around like that. If I’m towing far, I’ll flip it to tow. But for short stuff I just leave it alone and drive with my foot.

If you don’t tow heavy a single tune would be fine and drive it accordingly.
Hmm okay. What tuning outfit did you use? And what tune do you generally run? My travel trailer isn't very heavy...8k lbs max. My truck has the aisin to so no tuning there

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Fairly cheap and dependable with some other options I would go with raceme. 300k on my 14 with those tunes and still runs great with no signs of blowby. 375k total that truck. Tunes run great too

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The raceme is nearly 1800 bucks by the time I get it here though. And I'm not interested in keeping the display on my dash or windshield.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Right off their site it's cheaper actually..1330 right now.. plus tax.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
You can also tune 3 other trucks so you can get some money back if you have any other trucks or friends that just want a tune and done

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You can also tune 3 other trucks so you can get some money back if you have any other trucks or friends that just want a tune and done
That's appealing...thanks for the info!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
You don't happen to have an aisin do you? I cant see signatures on the tapatalk app

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
On my 14 yes. Its a 3500 dually. 375k on it now. Just did its first trans filter last week also. It has had drain and fills at most of its oil changes which most of the time are in the 35 to 40k mark. Its abused and overly neglected but thats the life of a fleet truck thats always running cross country.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
On my 14 yes. Its a 3500 dually. 375k on it now. Just did its first trans filter last week also. It has had drain and fills at most of its oil changes which most of the time are in the 35 to 40k mark. Its abused and overly neglected but thats the life of a fleet truck thats always running cross country.
What’s with raceme saying it doesn’t support removal of the def tank and components? I tried emailing them a couple weeks ago. No response.

·
Registered
158 Posts
EZ Lynk with CTT tuning. Hands down the ezlynk don't lock to a single truck either so can tune multiple vehicles.

CTT provides updates right to your phone as well periodically

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
What’s with raceme saying it doesn’t support removal of the def tank and components? I tried emailing them a couple weeks ago. No response.
I dont know why it says that but both my tanks have been removed and trashed long ago. Only thing that needs to stay is the exhaust back psi sensor if you still have the vgt on it.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Just call and ask for Russell good guy and very knowledgeable. I have learned alot from him in the talks I've had with him. If you want simple safe tunes it good. If you want customized tunes that you change all the time go with ctt. Have have both and all seem to end up back with raceme on my 18 68. 14 aisin has always been with raceme since 2016

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Good news all..I got my last piece on route. Went with the raceme ultra. Couldn't beat that sale price.

So the setup will be: RaceME, flo pro delete pipe, twister resonator, egr solenoid gutting, and I seen my wife bought me the shibby plugs for Christmas.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
You wont be disappointed. Don't bother with the egr crap tho. Just unplug it or completely remove it. If you have any ? Just ask.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts