Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
The turbo, engine and work was 21k. The turbo was destroyed when pieces of the piston went though it. Try and math a little better next time
The turbo isn’t the engine. All engines that fail don’t take out a turbo. But whatever.

What about the second part on lost work? And shop choice?

·
Registered
368 Posts
My trans went out and I was deleted and tuned. They replaced the whole trans under warranty. I was fully prepared to replace it out of pocket and was amazed. With that being said, you can now tune without deleting. I put my emissions back on. I hated the diesel smell when idling and all the black soot on heavy acceleration.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
My trans went out and I was deleted and tuned. They replaced the whole trans under warranty. I was fully prepared to replace it out of pocket and was amazed. With that being said, you can now tune without deleting. I put my emissions back on. I hated the diesel smell when idling and all the black soot on heavy acceleration.
You need better tuning if you had black soot on acceleration. You might still have it, you just won’t see it now.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Dont HAVE to leave a truck running all day in an oil field. Their are other options.

·
1,034 Posts
Dont HAVE to leave a truck running all day in an oil field. Their are other options.
I am aware. They didn't have Espar or Wabasto heaters. I put them on a few of mine. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
They ran their trucks on stock power. They are work trucks. They just had the emissions pile up from lots of idling working oilfield in northern bc ab. The -30 gotta leave it run.
I’m guessing they never had lifts or large rubber either?

Still waiting on your thoughts for the cost of lost work while it sits at a dealer waiting for warranty.

·
Registered
536 Posts
You need better tuning if you had black soot on acceleration. You might still have it, you just won’t see it now.
The stock tune will smoke if you remove the filters. There is only so much that can be controlled with the engines. The most is at take off, when a down shift is needed and at higher speeds on the highway. I would trade the bit of soot for a dead pedal.

2013 2500 6.7 cummins crew cab. white and stock as can be
using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
first abs foremost id look at the warranty abs see what exactly is covered. you may be postponing deleting because of warranty, but find out certain things aren't covered.

Reactions: RamHunter18

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
first abs foremost id look at the warranty abs see what exactly is covered. you may be postponing deleting because of warranty, but find out certain things aren't covered.
Dealer said it was full emissions systems coverage, and he said anything that is oil lubricated in the power train/drivetrain including seals and gaskets. I asked about the turbo, he said the turbo is covered but not the actuator. Said to keep a record of the services that I do myself of course. I buy all my parts from this dealer to cause they are actually cheaper than anything i can find online.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts
Emissions may not be as long as the rest of the power train.

using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Emissions may not be as long as the rest of the power train.

using Tapatalk
Well according to the service manager, it is.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Well according to the service manager, it is.

I'd want to see the warranty. FWIW, I'd believe Joe F. Biden before I'd believe anyone at a car dealer....but that's just me!

I'm pro delete, lol, actually might be buying a deleted '16 here real soon if it works out, but I also have experience with these trucks and a delete isn't worth losing a "real" warranty that includes drivetrain and emissions unless you're planning on modding it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited by Moderator)
I'd want to see the warranty. FWIW, I'd believe Joe F. Biden before I'd believe anyone at a car dealer....but that's just me!

I'm pro delete, lol, actually might be buying a deleted '16 here real soon if it works out, but I also have experience with these trucks and a delete isn't worth losing a "real" warranty that includes drivetrain and emissions unless you're planning on modding it.
I did see the details on the computer when he pulled it up. The previous owner paid close to 6k for this extended warranty. I found the original bill of sale in the truck with the window sticker. Must have been a rich guy cause he didn't dicker on the msrp. 105k out the door for the poor sap

I'm pro delete also..did my last two isx's in my kenworths, except the warranty was up on both of them.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I did see the details on the computer when he pulled it up. The previous owner paid close to 6k for this extended warranty. I found the original bill of sale in the truck with the window sticker. Must have been a rich guy cause he didn't dicker on the msrp. 105k out the door for the poor ***

I'm pro delete also..did my last two isx's in my kenworths, except the warranty was up on both of them.

You did the smart delete and cut the isx out? Lol

Is the warranty transferable for sure? My 16’ extended warranty wasn’t and the guy was into it for roughly the same amount.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
You did the smart delete and cut the isx out? Lol

Is the warranty transferable for sure? My 16’ extended warranty wasn’t and the guy was into it for roughly the same amount.
The isx's were both great for me. 1.7m on one before in frame, and 1.5m on the second.

And the warranty stays with the vin number. I had an axle seal done recently on the warranty.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
I did see the details on the computer when he pulled it up. The previous owner paid close to 6k for this extended warranty. I found the original bill of sale in the truck with the window sticker. Must have been a rich guy cause he didn't dicker on the msrp. 105k out the door for the poor ***

i'd get a copy your warranty and read it over. you may be surprised

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
why did someone edit my post? what did i say wrong?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well like other people have already stated the warranty is only as good as how well they stand behind it and I can tell you from my experience with my 2019 Ram 3500 HO its not very good. I have probably put close to a thousand extra miles in trips to the dealer. Was without my truck for about 1.5 months. And I am no closer to resolution. I had to elevate it to a case manager at FCA and just sent ANOTHER email to her today. My problems started at about 4 or 5K miles and am up to 32k miles. Havent been able to pull my trailer all year. To add insult to injury they wanted receipts, records, dates and mileage when filters were changed etc. The last trip they threw a MAF sensor at it and said if this doesn't fix it its probably a pump and they are all backordered. Once she rolled 30K they didnt seem as motivated to get it fixed. My thread of emails is about 20 pages long to the case manager alone. As far as I'm concerned a you would probably get better warranty service from the warranty department robocallers that call me all day. If the border to Canada was open I would drive to BC tomorrow and delete it because mine regens every day.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts