Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have truck in sig. Lately the key fob appears to be possessed by the devil! It will unlock he doors when I hold it in my hand and walk up to truck, never pressing the button, when I try to lock, it unlocks, and the other day when I was walking up to truck it set the panic alarm off, and it went off until it timed out, tried to de arm with key fob no avail. Have any of you guys experienced this, or is it more than key fob? The dealer wants $200.00 plus for new key and program. Just want to make sure before I buy a $200.00 key. Thanks for inout

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Sounds like your battery is giving it up. Pick up an empty key fob of ebay and insert your transponder from this key. I'm thinking the battery is separate from the transponder... Anyone else?

·
Devil Dog Diesel
2,759 Posts
Odd, VERY odd. Im sure you tried changing batteries like was mentioned above. Dealer should try to swap one out for ya without getting beat down on cost like that $200 man. You should be able to find another one less than that out there.

Of course you have the option of getting an aftermarket set up with an alarm and remote starter too? Just put in a super high tech Viper 5904 system myself which is actually more than I can figure out without a PHd of sorts! LOL.
Good luck with this mysterious issue my friend!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts