Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short i was running down this mini cooper s today on the highway with these 2 punks well im destroying this car im about 120 on the deck and i guess in all the exitement i failed to watch my gauges. when i looked at my egt gauge it was buried on 1500 and i dont know for how long my smarty is #9 wild tq managment (always have it there on the weekends) do you guys think i hurt anything? would i take out the turbo before i wasted a piston or hg? thanks for any comfort...lol. at least i got the kill :thumbsup :beer

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You're probably fine. We've all had ours pegged before.

But time will tell........

Randy

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what does ..."time will tell" supposed to mean?!

·
Buck Ofama
1,343 Posts
I've had mine past 1600 several times. Just don't make a habbit of it unless you have deep pockets.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how long could i run that hot before i burn a piston and what is a "high" temp that i can run all day without hurting anything?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't know how long it will take 1500* but, I wouldn't hold it very long. 1350* on the "600" series engine is safe.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
"time will tell" supposed to mean? It means this, Its anyone guess if it got hurt being your not sure how long you drove it at 1500 degrees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts