Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All the other emissions headaches seem to have deletes. What have you guys been doing with the crankcase filters? The cold weather we get up here causes the condensation to freeze and throw high pressure codes. I have also seen a truck come into the shop with a broken filter housing from freezing. Have you gents been doing anything with this system?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been searching thanks! So far I have come up empty handed on a concrete answer. Lots of theories and 'try' this or that. Thought I would toss a question out on the board for an answer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been searching thanks! So far I have come up empty handed on a concrete answer. Lots of theories and 'try' this or that. Thought I would toss a question out on the board for an answer.
I would also like to find a straight answer for this. Been looking to get rid of that damn thing for awhile

·
Registered
530 Posts
EVERYONE please quit saying use the search everytime someone asks a question on here. Since most do search before they ask but can never find any applicable information. Sorry rant off i hate seeing on almost every question.

·
Registered
922 Posts
EVERYONE please quit saying use the search everytime someone asks a question on here. Since most do search before they ask but can never find any applicable information. Sorry rant off i hate seeing on almost every question.
Try helping the op out instead of posting crap!

To the op, the reason I suggested searching was because of all the discussions about the ccv. I am pretty sure that no one out there will have a definitive answer for you. The whole ccv delete is essentially in test phase because of the different methods being used.

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Here's a link on CCV's...

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-performance-parts-discussion/156402-crankcase-vent-filter-removal-bypass.html

And one more...

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-performance-parts-discussion/347648-crank-case-vent-2.html

There are more posts on this but they're spread out within the 6.7 forum section.

Good luck to you. Post up if you figure something out for sure.
that's a lot better then posting, try the search engine. if you don't know a link to a thread KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT else if you do know a link, post it and share it. what is it with everyone having to be a**holes on here? thought this forum was meant to help each other out and spread information not treat each other like sh**. where is the world headed?:banghead:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks
You said what I was feeling.

Kwhite,
I found that first 'bypass' thread first in a search and didn't think it had definite answers. I'll read that second link and see what I get out of it now.

I guess I was asking if anyone makes a delete kit like companies/vendors are offering for the egr and dpfs. I am assuming No.

·
Registered
530 Posts
wow sorry too tell the truth. Guys no reason to get all bent out shape

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Myself.....along with several others were the ones to do the ccv re-route. i give ALL credit to JEB. I have re-routed mine to the airbox. it still gets enough draw to perform like it should. it is just being filtered throught the air filter before entering the turbo. I tried venting to the outside atmosphere, but the smell from these 6.7's was TOO much for me. I dont believe you can delete this per say, but you dang sure can keep the oil from directly going into your turbo!!!!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The re route is certainly a good idea. The turbos on the ISB (CM2150) I work on in medium duty truck are always covered in oil. I have never liked the like it. Working at a dealer doesn't allow me to experiment with this stuff.

I was hoping for more of a complete crankcase filter complete delete. As I have seen many frozen filters causing pressure codes to be tossed etc etc. The CM2250 ISX (epa '10) are coming with heater element to prevent freeze up. Also cummins now has a kit for CM870/CM871 (epa04/epa07) engine that allow a heater to be added to these engine. This kit is basically a heated insulated blanket that get stuck with an adhesive backing to CCV filter housing and also zip tied.

I have yet to see a bulletin or info about CCV heaters on the medium duty engine (ISB/ISC/ISL).

The heater elements are ecm controlled. The heater will only turn ON if the ambient air temperature is 10° C [50°F] or less

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The re route is certainly a good idea. The turbos on the ISB (CM2150) I work on in medium duty truck are always covered in oil. I have never liked the like it. Working at a dealer doesn't allow me to experiment with this stuff.

I was hoping for more of a complete crankcase filter complete delete. As I have seen many frozen filters causing pressure codes to be tossed etc etc. The CM2250 ISX (epa '10) are coming with heater element to prevent freeze up. Also cummins now has a kit for CM871 (epa07) engine that allow a heater to be added to these engine. This kit is basically a heated insulated blanket that get stuck with an adhesive backing to CCV filter housing and also zip tied.

I have yet to see a bulletin or info about CCV heaters on the medium duty engine (ISB/ISC/ISL).

The heater elements are ecm controlled. The heater will only turn ON if the ambient air temperature is 10° C [50°F] or less

I realize this is all cummins ecm related. However it would be cool is someone offered an aftermarket heater kit for these. Maybe something that is stand alone....seperate from the dodge ecm. (doesn't dodge start using a cummins ecm at some point? a whole separate topic lol. I guess there would have to be a bigger issue with these filter to provide a market for sales before someone manufactures something.

·
Registered
744 Posts
i will be working on a ccv delete here soon im wanting to vent the ccv like the big rigs do so in a couple weeks i should be starting if you look on the bottom of the ccv filter it has a a lil tube with an oring on it that slides into a hole on the top of the valve cover so if you cut it off or fab up a new one you can run it out and around to the driver side and end by the oilpan and put a one way check valve on it so you dont get oil on the drive way thats my thought what yall think?

·
Registered
922 Posts
that's a lot better then posting, try the search engine. if you don't know a link to a thread KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT else if you do know a link, post it and share it. what is it with everyone having to be a**holes on here? thought this forum was meant to help each other out and spread information not treat each other like sh**. where is the world headed?:banghead:
Don't be so butt hurt.. :spank:

You have to have thick skin to be on this forum so quit your crying and get over it! :buttkick:

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I will add this link, its to the last re-route I have done and running now...

http://http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-performance-parts-discussion/348570-ccv-re-route.html#post3645044

I do plan to make another attempt at routing the CCV into the downpipe and therefore be able to do away with the large filter element on top of the valve cover... I hope to get this in progress in the late spring and certainly after getting all the other stuff I have in progress right now LOL...

At present, I have the truck down and the SunCoast Tranny out and at SunCoast for new and improved mods to it... Once it gets back and I get the breakin and learning process done on the TCM, I will be taking the truck back down and install the new Hamilton Cam, springs and valve push rods. Along with the new Floor-It CPS...

I have used and thing the seach engine is great on this forum, I have also found it to be too time consuming and if a member or two of the forum here would take just a minute of their time to post a few hyper links to the questions asked by others here, its much better... After all the forum here is and should remain to be all about the stuff we have issues with and how we fix them. Sharing with others and in general just enjoy each others company here...

·
Registered
51 Posts
What would be the problem with just removing the filter and just running a tube out the top with a breather filter?

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I am sure there are those doing just that man, its going to be a little on the nasty side with the spit and slobbering; but if you don't mind that I am sure it will be fine...

I am just not a fan of the nastyness and I am one that truely beleives these motors need at least a small amount of draw or vacuum on the crankcase to keep things right down in the crankcase while running, for sure when running hard... Running hard as if WFO, in my mind I see lots of turmoil in the crankcase and a nice draw on the CCV to help keep the plume and slobbering dealt with is a good thing... Thats just me though...
I know there are lots of guys that just run the CCV open to the enviro

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey all i have been reading the comments about the 6.7 reroute and i have a simple solution if you would like to spend about 65 bucks!!!!!! And get rid of the dodge badging and go pure cummins.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts