Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the blow by bottle off and wanting to run the breather hose down to the ground, is this possible? And if someone knows the hose size that'd be great, I would go look but my brother is using the truck at the time, thanks guys

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
My Puke bottle was MIA when I bought the truck. Currently just a hose down past the sway bar about 3" and zip tied to the sway bar. Don't know the size I think it is about 3/4"

·
Registered
27 Posts
just remember to tie it up far behind the engine, because your crankcase gases will make a mess on the engine if you run it infront of it.......i hate to state the obvious.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot guys

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Get some PVC pipe and make a longer breather.

Check out this thread:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/9...should-have-lost-my-puke-bottle-long-ago.html

And this link:
Crankcase Vent

I did it and it cost me $10.

The basic premise is that the stock setup has the following problems:

1.) Makes the engine bay oily/dirty... Gets on the radiator and collects dust causing overheating...

2.) Causes foul smells to be sucked into the cowl fresh air intake if you use a certain type of oil.

3.) If you do any sort of offroading (And with a truck, you SHOULD!) you'll dump your crank case oil if you descend too steep a slope.

Putting it behind and under the engine solves all of these problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.