Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two power window & door lock doors from a junk yard. The passenger side is whole but they cut the harness for the driver side right where it enters the cab.:banghead: Before I go messing with Weatherpak connectors and making a harness, I figure I ask you guys if there is anything I should or shouldn't do, or any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.:cool:

· 1ST GEN
11,549 Posts
The left side door harness does not have a disconnect plug anywhere in the harness for it. Thats why the yard cut it. The right side door does have a disconnect plug. It is located behind the glove box. It is the only wiring plug in that area other than the ABS controller.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The left side door harness does not have a disconnect plug anywhere in the harness for it. Thats why the yard cut it. The right side door does have a disconnect plug. It is located behind the glove box. It is the only wiring plug in that area other than the ABS controller.
Did you convert your truck?

· 1ST GEN
11,549 Posts
Jer I didn't convert my truck. It is an LE model. Power windows and locks is standard.

I striped a 92 W250 LE out a while back. I removed everything out of the cab. That is when I found there is no plug in the wiring going to the driver side door.

One of the worthless bean counters that seem to infest the big 3 decided that extra plug setup cost to much. :rant:

Here is a pic of the inside of that cab. Look real close on the left side by the lower windshield edge. You can see a cut piece of harness. That is everything that goes to the left side door.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jer I didn't convert my truck. It is an LE model. Power windows and locks is standard.

I striped a 92 W250 LE out a while back. I removed everything out of the cab. That is when I found there is no plug in the wiring going to the driver side door.

One of the worthless bean counters that seem to infest the big 3 decided that extra plug setup cost to much. :rant:

Here is a pic of the inside of that cab. Look real close on the left side by the lower windshield edge. You can see a cut piece of harness. That is everything that goes to the left side door.

Thanks, I just finished installing them this weekend.:thumbsup: A little over $100 in wire, connectors, etc, and a diagram from Alldatadiy. The bean counters kept the OE plug, with circuit to the fuse box, behind the radio tho. The rest was time and a lot of solder and shrink tube.:S: Next I will try for cruse control then AC.:party018: I need to find a parts truck.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does anyone know an easy way to replace the drivers side window motor in my 92 w250?
Was the motor replaced before or is it the original?

· Registered
76 Posts
im not sure if its original or not. i got a brand new replacement and it looks the exact same as the old one. Theres a spring loaded piece on the roller and i dont know how to keep the spring preloaded to a point where i can bolt the new motor in?:confused013:

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im not sure if its original or not. i got a brand new replacement and it looks the exact same as the old one. Theres a spring loaded piece on the roller and i dont know how to keep the spring preloaded to a point where i can bolt the new motor in?:confused013:

Window Regulator

REMOVAL

Lower window to full down position.
Remove trim panel and watershield.
On stereo equipped vehicles remove lower trim panel and remove speaker.
Remove vent wing.
Slide glass forward off of regulator arms and lower glass to door bottom.
Drill out regulator mounting rivets and remove regulator through access hole.
INSTALLATION

Insert upper regulator arm into door mounted channel.
Mount regulator to door panel with 1/4-20 screws and nuts torqued to 90 in. lbs. (10 Nm) .
Slide glass onto regulator arms and into rear glass run.
Install and adjust vent wing.
Raise glass to full up position.
Install stereo speaker (if so equipped).
Install trim panel and watershield.

Is this what you are looking for? Its from my Alldatadiy account.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.