Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
New England Chapter VP
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit the search and didn't really find anything.

The truck in my sig had a crank position (or so i hope at this point) sensor go bad. After about 2 hours of trying to remove it it broke off after the plug, so basically flush with the motor... ive been drilling and pulling and freaking out because its like theres something inside holding it from coming out. Its just being a huge b!tch to get done... and i have to drive to jersey, 300 miles each way this weekend, anyone have similar expiriences? any ideas? thanks a ton.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
i hear that you have to break them all apart to go them out if they are bad. They go in much easier!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It is only held in by an o-ring :hehe:
The trick is to not be brutal removing it but finese it out

·
Crayola spokesperson
4,202 Posts
on alldata it says remove with a twisting motion...id soak it in pb blaster...

·
New England Chapter VP
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I go very easy... i played around with it for about 2 hours. I could spin it freely by hand, but i couln't get it out at all. PB is a good idea on metal, but on plastic, especially in tight places, the liquid can soak into the o-ring and make it much more difficult to remove. Ive been workin with o-rings for almost 7 years now as im a heavy machinery mechanic and o-rings are a normal part of my day. I have been using anti-freeze to try and lube it beucase its chemical properties allow it to lubricate without soaking into the rubber and making it swell.

By now if it wasn't 40 degrees n snowing yesterday and pouring today maybe i'd have it out... pita :banghead:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts