Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:CRY::CRY: mY 07, WHICH I HAVE ONLY HAD FOR 7 MONTHS NOW HAS CRACKING PAINT ON THE DRIVER SIDE DUALLY FENDER!!! Yeah you heard it right, it started up in the groove that runs 1/2 way up, where the clearance lights are. First one started on the front of the fender, second one near the rear clearance light...WTF!!! No chips like it was done with a rock or debrise, just two 1 1/2" vertical cracks. And the best part is, the dealership says its probably wont be covered by the Bumper to Bumper under 30,000 mile warranty. What would cause these cracks, and what should i do about the dealership...these werent caused by me

·
Registered
993 Posts
I would keep on the dealer. Keep on complaining to them.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If your under the 36000 mile warranty, it should be covered.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
go to another dealer, it should be covered, i go to a 5 star dealer where i bought my truck and he explained about the paint warranty. pretty much in a nutshell he said as long as its not abuse from going off road or dings from rocks it would be covered.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not fom going off road...its a dually, and im a younger guy who just bought his first brand new truck...i take better care of it than i take care of my fiance...lol. I just got a call from the manager at the dealership to bring it back in so they can examin it again, but i want to make sure their body guy is worth a darn. How do they get their body men?

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What would be causing it to crack already...it looks like several little cracks along side one another. And they are getting longer.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
its not fom going off road...its a dually, and im a younger guy who just bought his first brand new truck...i take better care of it than i take care of my fiance...lol. I just got a call from the manager at the dealership to bring it back in so they can examin it again, but i want to make sure their body guy is worth a darn. How do they get their body men?
i take better care of it than i take care of my fiance... :rof :rof :lol3: Thats a good one bud! :beer

About the paint I havent heard this yet. You are the guinea pig for everyone else on the end results! :lol3: I wish ya the best of luck and keep us informed! :thumbsup

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will do...i might be single again after its over and done with as well...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts