Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard a lot of you state that soot inside and all over the tailpipe could indicate a cracked dpf. Mine has that...my truck will throw smoke as well at times....how are you supposed to tell if it is cracked? And what would the symptoms be...I have no cel or mil of any kind

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
throwing smoke and black tailpipe are the signs.

·
Registered
581 Posts
my tailpipe is full of soot and my bumper has some one it but i cant see it when i take off. and yes how would you tell if its cracked?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What does a cracked dpf do to the performance of the truck....and what would crack it?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
it will send the truck into limp mode until you can get to the dealer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine has the soot in the tailpipe and it will occasionally throw the check engine light but it goes away after a short time. Not sure if these are related. I tried the key on off 3 times to check the code but it wouldn't work. I'm going to drag it into the shop soon and I'll report back with what happens. It also does the weird turbo surge type noise as well. It's stock except for a MP-8 that came out for warranty purposes. I hope they didn't lie when they said it was untraceable.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had a CEL last week. Was a P2000. nox absorber efficiency below threshold. Went away after a few days.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has never went into limp mode....it has also never had the cat full message either.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I am not sure it will put you in limp mode. It functions and everything, just a little Blow By.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts