Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
buy anew one or they make look alike covers to go over the top of the existing

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
Yep..

First step...go to junkyard and buy a new dash..

Next step..take out old dash...then put in new one.

This is not really that easy, but this is probably a lot better than trying to fix the old one. Just find a nice dash at a junkyard and you are on your way :thumbsup.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Get a JC Whitney catalog they have a cover made by Coverlay that goes right over the factory cover and looks original.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put in a whole new dash this weekend.1 day job,just pull the harness out with the old and transfer to the new.got one at the junkyard for $150.easy job.

·
Banned
722 Posts
DONT USE ARMORALL, STUFF IS KILLER ON DASH's

·
Registered
15 Posts
<image>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\steves pics</image>

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Super glue if its only a lil crack , then a 25 buck dash cover and your ready to rock and roll :thumbsup

·
Banned
393 Posts
Also if you want a severe head ache they make a plastic resin, looks like plastic bondo, fill it in then sand it off. But like i said...pain in the A$$

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I put in a whole new dash this weekend.1 day job,just pull the harness out with the old and transfer to the new.got one at the junkyard for $150.easy job.
I agree. It's not that big of a deal to r and r the dash. Remove the seats first to give yourself room to work. The electrical plugs are all different so you can't get them on wrong. You don't say what year truck. My '95 has a cable to the blend door that is hard to get at. I think later trucks use vacuum for the blend door. If you have an automatic transmission, don't forget the little cable to the shift indicator. Don't forget the electrical plugs on the passenger side, especially when you put the dash back in. I did that once.

·
Registered
491 Posts
yep dodge is notorious for the dashes cracking when you fix it i would deffinatly have to put a mat over top of it to prevent it from carcking again

·
Registered
15 Posts
so my new dash i put in last weekend (in perfect shape) now has 2 cracks in it and i have not even driven the truck yet.that sucks!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine cracked bad , pieces fell in. Hot glued wood sticks underneath ,hot glued the pieces back in place. Took some fiberglass mat and resin it on top the whole dash. It is now nice and solid.
Then put a dash mat on. In Tampa a dash mat is the only answer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts