Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just finished installing and testing a set of 100hp nozzles from Cummins Performance Parts. I have to thank Jamie from CPP for all his help and understanding (we had a shipping issue with UPS)
If anyone is thinking of installing a set of nozzles/injectors from Jamie stop thinking and just do it! I could not be happier. I am now running my Edge Comp on level 1 and making more power than on level 5 with the stock injectors, no smoke on level 1 and nothing extreme on level 5. EGT's are very much in check on a WOT pull. It made a tremendous difference in my truck and I am still running the HX-35 and a badly slipping clutch, but it does have 165k on a stock clutch. Total change out time was less than 2hrs. I am no slouch mechanic but even someone with a harbor freight tool kit could accomplish this on their own. Hope this helps anyone that is on the fence about buying nozzles or injectors. After I get a full tank of full run through the truck I will post a MPG increase.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Thanks... yes this did help... I have been wanting some CPP Injectors, but trying to decide on the sizes 100 - 150's? Anyways just had a ton of stuff done (Starter, 2 Interstate Batteries, 13" Flywheel conversion, and a Valair Kevlar/Ceramic SD Clutch) and they are my next item on the list... I want my truck snappy(er), and hope the Injectors get me there, if not a Smarty is after them... when does it stop LOL. But thanks man.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The added fuel made a big difference in the go pedal. I am really happy that I finally just bought the nozzles instead of looking into different fueling boxes. I would also like to try a Smarty stack but I have to get my tranny and clutch rebuilt first. I was going to sell the truck but decided to just keep it. I would like to have my 93 back as a project truck but it has probably been destroyed since I traded it a couple years ago. How far are you from Meridian, ID? That is where my wife is from.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The added fuel made a big difference in the go pedal. I am really happy that I finally just bought the nozzles instead of looking into different fueling boxes. I would also like to try a Smarty stack but I have to get my tranny and clutch rebuilt first. I was going to sell the truck but decided to just keep it. I would like to have my 93 back as a project truck but it has probably been destroyed since I traded it a couple years ago. How far are you from Meridian, ID? That is where my wife is from.
Good to here, just what kind of difference did it make... Like faster speeds, quicker, throw you in you seat type feeling?

Meridian, I like that area. It is on the South end to the state. I'm up north, 60 miles from Canada. But I went to school in Caldwell 20 mins from Meridian. Tell her hi for me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was seat of the pants increase for sure. The Edge Comp isnt the strongest fueling or most aggressive but like I said I am now running the box on level 1 and making more seat of the pants power than on 5x5. For the price of a set of nozzles it was well worth it. I am going to pull them in a few weeks and get them pop tested and replace all the seals for my own comfort but if you are unsure if it will be money well spent, dont worry, it is. Next up, better clutch and more air so I can run level 5

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yeah I have the clutch... the Valair Ceramic/Kevlar is rated to 500 HP and 1000 lb-torque.

The AFE Stage II intake will provide plenty of air IMO

The Edge Comp is the same fueling, and timing box as the Edge Advantage w/juice... just doesn't have the the electric gauges which I didn't want and got my mechanical guages instead.

I bet the reason you feel a better increase in power on level 1 vs. 5 is because your clutch can't handle it ... Is that right?

If I didn't have to get new tires with my tax returns I would be getting some CPP Injectors for sure... so another 4 months and we'll be there.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Just make sure u real that clutch in real good. I thought I did mine good but its already slipping with the new addition of the tst comp. An theres no way I'm over 425 HP.

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,153 Posts
A ceramic button clutch will not slip... 528/1089 on a common rail but it's not real street fun to drive and loud as crap!! I'm kinda interested in the 150's for my '99 when I put the HE351 on her...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Just make sure u real that clutch in real good. I thought I did mine good but its already slipping with the new addition of the tst comp. An theres no way I'm over 425 HP.
just what do you mean "real that clutch in"?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I had a chance to test out the new nozzles under a load. Pulled a 30ft camper through the hills of PA down to southern Maryland. Pulled like a champ! I ran with the Edge Comp on level 3x5, never had to down shift, never saw more than 1000 on EGT, could fairly easily accelerate up the hills to maintain 65. The trailer weighed 5500lbs. not a big load but a decent test bed.

Reactions: cummins724

·
Premium Member
19,886 Posts
success! there is actually thread with the first post being info and no questions! :rof

sounds like these are turning out to be a good brand, Jamie sure has a lot of guys out there that like his stuff :thumbsup:

·
Registered
941 Posts
So they are the nozzles only and not complete injectors? if just nozzles you have them pop tested? I been looking to go with about 100hp also just trying to wait to find the best ones for the price I can touch to add some more kick, still just a little worried about turbo not being happy afterward with Smarty/ADR stack on it to.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Your going to be hard pressed to find a better quality injector for the price. Look around here and you wont find one bad word about him or his products. For a little over 200 bucks for the nozzles it hard to beat. You are right though on the quad/smarty stack though, your stock turbo isnt going to like the extra 100hp. Probably not going to be able to turn either of them up till you get a bigger hairdryer.

Reactions: cummins724

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Your going to be hard pressed to find a better quality injector for the price. Look around here and you wont find one bad word about him or his products. For a little over 200 bucks for the nozzles it hard to beat. You are right though on the quad/smarty stack though, your stock turbo isnt going to like the extra 100hp. Probably not going to be able to turn either of them up till you get a bigger hairdryer.
I'm in the same boat but w/o a Smarty (yet) and with an Edge Comp. My main worry about getting 100 hp CPP sticks is the HX 35. With just a Comp and the 100 hp sticks from CPP would the HX 35 hold up? I plan on a bigger turbo (Phat Shaft, Special BD, still researching), but I want the 100 (or 150's) first, then more than likely a turbo then a Smarty.

So if someone has done this:
100 or 150 CPP's + EDGE Comp = what for the turbo? :confused013:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts