Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Going to pick up my 19’ tomorrow and stumbled across this thread. After skimming and reading all 20 pages, am I correct no forum members with 2019 HD trucks have had a failure, but there has been two seen first hand at the dealership?

Its got me a little scared, and wondering maybe I should get some “extra” insurance from my insurance agent in the form of mechanical breakdown insurance.

Not sure I would go so far as to back out of the deal as it seams the 20’s have the same injection pump.

Someone hug me and make me feel all warm and fuzzy. :crying:
If something like this forum scares you, you probably don't want a Ram.

Reactions: royta

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
It's going to be just fine. There are hundreds of thousands of 2011- current Ford Super Duty diesels on the road with the same pump and they aren't all blowing up. Same with the 2011-2016 Duramaxes.

A few failures here and there, no different than anything. Just enjoy enjoy your new truck; you'll like it.

Best precautions you can do are make sure you use quality diesel form a high volume station; change your filters in a timely manner, and perhaps drain your water separator once a month or so if you are really concerned.
The fuzzy feeling is coming back. Thanks :beer:
Solid advice. My last two i serviced the filters myself, but i may go to the dealer for them on this one just for the service records.

·
Sasquatch
3,649 Posts
Save your fuel receipts as well(I'd keep the last couple months). They typically test the fuel if there's a failure and might claim misfueling. Your last few receipts will prove that wrong and turn it into a fight between the dealer and fuel stop.

I've mentioned it often in this thread, I know a lot of people who had early generation VW(known to be problematic) CP4 pumps, including myself and never had or heard of an issue outside of the forums. We know that water is the enemy and water separation was a big focus on the newer 6.7s. Drain that water separator and you'll be fine.

Reactions: xj1514

·
Registered
390 Posts
Save your fuel receipts as well(I'd keep the last couple months). They typically test the fuel if there's a failure and might claim misfueling. Your last few receipts will prove that wrong and turn it into a fight between the dealer and fuel stop.

I've mentioned it often in this thread, I know a lot of people who had early generation VW(known to be problematic) CP4 pumps, including myself and never had or heard of an issue outside of the forums. We know that water is the enemy and water separation was a big focus on the newer 6.7s. Drain that water separator and you'll be fine.
I put a locking fuel cap on the tank. I was actually worried some hooligan kid would dump water, or something in the tank especially as I park on the street, though its a nice neighborhood 10 years ago we had cars up and down the street get their glass broken.
If you want to ruin someone's diesel, just put gasolene in the tank. When I was a teen, I knew some kids who did torment some other kid's parents houses and cars, they can do bad stuff like that without a conscience.

Other advantage, the locking cap is green, it slows people filling up at the gas station which make them actually think more about the process of putting diesel in the tank. I let my family borrow the truck and don't want them misfueling it by accident.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought the caps and tether from Geno’s and they look and work great

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/ram-cummins-locking-fuel-cap-gg-ez45glc/fuel-caps

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/ram-cummins-locking-def-cap-gg-ez45gdef/fuel-caps

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/ram-diesel-ez-def-lock-tether/fuel-caps

I put a locking fuel cap on the tank. I was actually worried some hooligan kid would dump water, or something in the tank especially as I park on the street, though its a nice neighborhood 10 years ago we had cars up and down the street get their glass broken.
If you want to ruin someone's diesel, just put gasolene in the tank. When I was a teen, I knew some kids who did torment some other kid's parents houses and cars, they can do bad stuff like that without a conscience.

Other advantage, the locking cap is green, it slows people filling up at the gas station which make them actually think more about the process of putting diesel in the tank. I let my family borrow the truck and don't want them misfueling it by accident.

241 - 245 of 245 Posts