Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I dunno. I will ask when I send this to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looking forward to the next update. Thanks for keeping on top of this, gentlemen.

·
Registered
Ram 3500 I6, H/O, Aisin Transmission, 4x4 Dually, Crew Cab Long Bed.
76 Posts
It sure would solidify Ram owners, if Ram would do a CP4 to CP3 swap on their own. Tell everyone with a 4 to take their trucks to a local dealer to have them swapped.

This would also be some serious positive publicity that Ram and dealerships would be able to tout over their GM and Ford Competition.

They may even get some folks to swap brands over this.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
478 Posts
The new pump is a CP-ISB21.

Still hopeful for a swap. Given the stupid used truck prices right now, I may honestly consider trading for a new factory order 21 if they don't.

·
Registered
Ram 3500 I6, H/O, Aisin Transmission, 4x4 Dually, Crew Cab Long Bed.
76 Posts
@brutal ; , looking at the cost of everything and crunching numbers, wouldn’t it be cheaper and easier for ya to replace the 4 with a 3?

Looking about 4,500.00 for entire swap. At least this is the cost from my mechanic to include labor... I don’t know what your mechanic would charge.

I love this truck of mine and will make the conversion happen.

What say you?

Boy o boy, you are right about the price of trucks... I owed 10k on my 2017 Silverado 1500 LT2, 4x4, Crew cab, standard bed with 37k miles and the Kia dealership in Columbus Ga have me 42k for the truck. I paid 45k for the dang truck and bought it with 150 miles on it.

I can tell you “Dealerships are Hungry”!

Yup.... I said 42k for my truck.... The truck blue booked at 35k for excellent condition.

I can honestly tell you dealerships here “Columbus Ga) are fighting over you if you have a nice 4x4 truck.

When we bought my Ram 3500, we decided to keep the Silverado because we knew we would not get as much with a trade and sold it after the purchase... Prolly the single smartest decision we made

We took the cash we made off the truck and rolled it into the payment of the Ram and paid off the Ram. We have 1400.00 left over to use after pay off and threw that into savings:)

If you go into the dealership right now with a trade, I don’t believe you will maximize your deal ($) you will get from them unlike going into the dealership and selling outright.

BTW, if the swap doesn’t happen, with what I have saved and the addition from above, I’m 500.00 short on having the $ for the swap and the truck only has 14,268 miles on her, (knocking on my head).

Just my dimes worth of commentary and advice. I hope ya have a great day.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
478 Posts
If it costs me $5K to trade or $5K for a CP3 swap, the only thing that's a negative is the time I have into the mods on the truck. I only have 4800 miles on it right now coming up on a year in 2 weeks.

I'm not worried about failure, that's what warranty and Maxcare are for. I religiously keep receipts and pics of the pump cert tags, etc. so I'm not paying out of pocket even with a warranty denial. I am concerned about being broken down in the middle of BFE with my rig.

The 21 does have the digital mirror and I might opt for a Night edition that wasn't available when I ordered Jan 20 (though still on the fence). I love the look, but fear the long term performance without spending $4K on PPE that will not last the lifetime of my likely ownership.

Reactions: Lins

·
Registered
19 Posts
It will be interesting to see what "solution" the Chrysler folks come up with. I would love to have that digital mirror as well, but I bet it will cost me way more to trade my 2020 (900 miles) and get a 2011 than $5K.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts