Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hey folks, a little off topic, but I own a 2020 RAM HO diesel, a 19 Tesla Model X and a 20 Tesla Model Y performance. Where on the political spectrum does that put me?

Back to the topic, it looks like RAM will indeed be doing a pump replacement on 19/20 model year trucks. I just wonder if it will be a CP3 replacement or if they intend to do a CP4 4.3.....

·
Premium Member
2011 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 68RFE 4 inch lift
1,343 Posts
Tell them you will not allow a CP4, you want the CP3. If they argue, it’s time to go to court.

·
Registered
32 Posts
@Alphalnfinity

An independent? 😁

I already posed this question to fiat and they said I would get a cp4.

As an aside, dealer is offering a trade-in deal where I’ll only be out about 5k on upgrading to a 2021. My 19 only has 6k miles. Not a bad price to pay for a new start, with a new truck, cp3, warranty ect... Something to consider...

·
Registered
266 Posts
It was meant to be irony. That 9 months argument is not rational, IMO. Vaccine research have been around for at least 100 years and new scientific knowledge can now be rapidly turned to targeted vaccines. Science overall, is everything. Similarly, if the virus changes, the vaccine can be adjusted quickly. All vaccines, like all medicines, can have side effects. The point now is that it is certain that the covid-19 virus causes a serious disease for some people, and there is growing evidence that the vaccine available for it will prevent it effectively without large-scale side effects. An individual can choose from two bad options less bad. I personally will take the vaccine immediately when it is my turn.

My son works in medical field so he got his shot a couple weeks ago. I cant say I would get it even if offered for free. The Pfizer pamphlet he got had a statement that they really had no idea if it prevents COVID or just eases symptoms. They will figure that out after people get it I guess.

The Corona Virus has been around for years, there are only 7 strains that can infect you (human types) including COVID 19. I never have had a Flu shot...in fact I cant remember the last time I had the Flu.

Arizona, which is suppose to be some kind of hot bed...has had 12,668 deaths with a population of 7,000,000 - that's like 0.18% death rate....Us Population is 325 million with 428K deaths...is like 0.13% if my math is right...

Virus is going to virus no matter what humans do. Most people getting it do not need it most likely - those who are at risk should probably get it. I personally know 6 people who have had COVID...none of them died and all had varying severity of symptoms. None had to be hospitalized.

People are scheduling themselves for vaccine and not showing up to their appointments. This is wasting the vaccine...it has to be thawed before administered and has a short shelf life(Pfizer). So if you hear of places not having enough vaccine - this is generally why.

The CP4 seems to be news to people unless they have had a failure or read it on a forum(what percentage of owners is that?). I imagine there isn't not much sense worrying about it until it fails or there is a TSB or recall. Since the 2021s do not have the CP4, one of those 2 options is probably coming....TSB is my guess and if your warranty is up - you pay.

·
Registered
735 Posts
What is the recall number, or TSB number for this information you posted?
Please refer to post 3 page 1 of this thread.

·
Registered
133 Posts
More details please.
They have had it since last Wednesday. They called today and said they are hoping to have the new parts early next week.

I asked about what pump was going back on and they said it is a “revised” CP4. He said the replacement CP4 is a different part number than than the CP4 that came on it.

Mine was just making a little noise and it sounded like it was under the dash on the drivers side. Sounded like a light buzzing / tube of air blowing?! The more you pushed in the throttle the more you could hear.

They told me I was lucky to catch it that early as it didn’t destroy everything in its path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
555 Posts
Please refer to post 3 page 1 of this thread.
That quoted post from Ram Cares that was first announced on another forum many of us frequent, gives absolutely no indication which way this will go. At this point, every post one way or the other is pure conjecture.

Reactions: Onelongshot

·
Registered
171 Posts
They have had it since last Wednesday. They called today and said they are hoping to have the new parts early next week.

I asked about what pump was going back on and they said it is a “revised” CP4. He said the replacement CP4 is a different part number than than the CP4 that came on it.

Mine was just making a little noise and it sounded like it was under the dash on the drivers side. Sounded like a light buzzing / tube of air blowing?! The more you pushed in the throttle the more you could hear.

They told me I was lucky to catch it that early as it didn’t destroy everything in its path.

Dodged a bullet. No pun intended.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe. I was really hoping they would be putting this new CP5 pump that I heard them talking about.

Meh. CP3 is proven. I’d really like to know what they are putting in. I wonder if it’s what RAM reverted to in the 2021. If I remember the post correctly, the pump resembles a CP3 in the 2021 but has a different part number?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Bosch uses many Part #s on pumps. Example: their are many different manifold settings for COV and lift systems and mounting differences on CP3s. You would not want to have the COV set for high pressure feed on a low pressure lift system. Their are also high return and low volume manifolds.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ya I am not one of the guys in here that studies all of this... I don't know much about it other than the CP4 is not good. LOL. Good news is my buddy is the service manager and usually takes pretty good care of me!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hmmm...I just read that a few more times, and I can’t find where it says that ram will indeed be doing a pump replacement on the 19/20 model year trucks.

What does "service solution" mean to you? Actually don't answer that because I don't care. I guess if we are splitting hairs here and you have time to nitpick.... that is what they said.

Back on topic, either way they know there is a fuel pump issue on 19/20 Ram heavy duty trucks and it sounds like a "service solution" is imminent.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Often times manufactures will just extend the warranty. e.g. My 2012 Wrangler has a 10yr 100k mike warranty on the drivers side cylinder head because of a known defect.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
What does "service solution" mean to you?
I have absolutely zero clue what FCA means by “service solution”. It could mean more than a dozen things. That’s why I can’t make a post interpreting it to mean the pumps are getting replaced on 19/20 model year trucks. Then somebody comes along and reads that post without reading the rest of the thread, like usual, and regurgitates that misinformation on other forums across the internet...

·
IL Chapter VP
3,482 Posts
I agree the best thing we can do is sit back and wait to see what they decide is in their best interest. Then we will all know.

Reactions: 10%more

·
Registered
2019 3500 HO Longhorn
111 Posts
Often times manufactures will just extend the warranty. e.g. My 2012 Wrangler has a 10yr 100k mike warranty on the drivers side cylinder head because of a known defect.
Yup, and the passenger side will go out also. The heads on those early pentastars are garbage. At least you can catch that issue unlike the cp4 grenading causing a massive problem. I hope this isn't the road they take but it is there normal SOP.

121 - 140 of 177 Posts