Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 120 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
So what will you do if your pump fails after warranty and the repair cost is $15,000 (25% of what the truck cost)?

Or perhaps worst; it takes out your engine. What will you do then?

Will you be honest and post here letting us know what happen?
It’s no concern of yours. Unlike you, I don’t post my life happenings on social media for attention and judgement. I’ll do what I damn well please and advise you do the same.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It’s no concern of yours. Unlike you, I don’t post my life happenings on social media for attention and judgement. I’ll do what I damn well please and advise you do the same.
Yet you post all your other opinions here. If you didn’t post for attention and judgement, you wouldn’t post any opinions on the CP4 whatsoever. You’re posting about how much you pay for running boards and so on. Quite contrary to your statement above. You wouldn’t even reply to any of my posts. 🤣

I’m only asking you questions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree 100%

9 months to create a vaccine is way too fast. I refused the shot when it was offered by my employer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was meant to be irony. That 9 months argument is not rational, IMO. Vaccine research have been around for at least 100 years and new scientific knowledge can now be rapidly turned to targeted vaccines. Science overall, is everything. Similarly, if the virus changes, the vaccine can be adjusted quickly. All vaccines, like all medicines, can have side effects. The point now is that it is certain that the covid-19 virus causes a serious disease for some people, and there is growing evidence that the vaccine available for it will prevent it effectively without large-scale side effects. An individual can choose from two bad options less bad. I personally will take the vaccine immediately when it is my turn.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I mean driving with cp4 is as wise to live without vaccine, given cp3 and vaccines are both available for free.

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK. I just dont understand, if you drive a truck and intrested in trucks, why there have to be like parallel to anti-vaccine thinking or covid-denying? Doesnt make sense to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
OK. I just dont understand, if you drive a truck and intrested in trucks, why there have to be like parallel to anti-vaccine thinking or covid-denying? Doesnt make sense to me.
You don't "have" to be like anything to drive a truck....

If you look at diesel truck ownership specifically from a macro perspective, a higher percentage of owners fall on one side of a specific political ideology. This may be due to the demographic that find themselves needing a diesel vs. the demographic finding they need a Prius... Or hell, it could be pure marketing psychology as Dodge specifically marketed trucks to ranches back in the day; who knows what kind of legacy effects something like that has on a products consumption.

My opinion is formed from my own anecdotal experiences mind you, this is not a dissertation. My perception is that the population on a diesel truck forum will be proportionately biased to the right of center of the political bell curve. I was making a tongue-and-cheek joke about it, but since you have taken it so seriously I will make it clear that I don't think anyone must be one way or another to do anything.

IMHO I distaste the fact that owning a truck might be considered a political statement at all, nor do I like the fact that a pandemic has become political. However, I'd be reticent to hide from my observations. As a scientist, I am sure you can understand...

·
IL Chapter VP
3,482 Posts
I got a feeling that we are going to get shut down by the mods soon. 🙃
😗😗😗😗😗😎😎😎😎🤫🤫🤫🤫
Keep it civil and try to get back on topic.

Reactions: Teamster4Life

·
Registered
354 Posts
I mean driving with cp4 is as wise to live without vaccine, given cp3 and vaccines are both available for free.
Where oh where can I get a CP3 for free? Please! Not too worked up about vaccine cuz currently there ain't none available and the foreseeable future is not looking great up here in Canuckistan.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It was meant to be irony. That 9 months argument is not rational, IMO. Vaccine research have been around for at least 100 years and new scientific knowledge can now be rapidly turned to targeted vaccines. Science overall, is everything. Similarly, if the virus changes, the vaccine can be adjusted quickly. All vaccines, like all medicines, can have side effects. The point now is that it is certain that the covid-19 virus causes a serious disease for some people, and there is growing evidence that the vaccine available for it will prevent it effectively without large-scale side effects. An individual can choose from two bad options less bad. I personally will take the vaccine immediately when it is my turn.
Your post intended irony. Mine intended sarcasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I drive a new diesel RAM, am proud that it portrays the image of someone right of center, and have no interest in the vaccine which helps you "survive" an illness with a 99.5% chance of survival in my age / condition bracket. Of course, to each their own. I've owned four Ford 6.7L Powerstroke trucks, all with CP4 pumps. None failed. Would I prefer the CP3? Sure. Do I lose sleep over our family-owned 2011 F-550 dump truck with a CP4? Nope...it has been fine since new.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Where oh where can I get a CP3 for free? Please! Not too worked up about vaccine cuz currently there ain't none available and the foreseeable future is not looking great up here in Canuckistan.
One good thing about a small population - 1/4 of our territory has the first dose so far. Wife and I should get it in March if we want. I stop talking about the vaccine now, carry on.

101 - 120 of 177 Posts