Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am actually waiting for that TSB to be don to my 2019 3500 - waiting on parts.
Post your results if you don't mind, curious if it is worth it. Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
So what do all those who were saying this isn’t that big of an issue and that the CP4 failures percentages were very little have to say now? 🤔

·
IL Chapter VP
3,482 Posts
So what do all those who were saying this isn’t that big of an issue and that the CP4 failures percentages were very little have to say now? 🤔
I’d say let’s wait and see what the actual recall is going to be.

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,576 Posts
I’d say let’s wait and see what the actual recall is going to be.
Exactly......the entity that is working up this recall is the same one that wants to weld up my nuts......😖

Sam

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mines in the shop now getting the pump replaced. 2020 with 7,000 miles on it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just over 94k mi this week..no signs of a failure. Not running any special additives or doing any of the other bullshit guys on here are recommending. I put diesel in it and run. Do maintenance (oil and fuel filters) on time. That’s it.
So let me ask you this: If they are replacing the pumps, will you take yours in to have it replaced or are you so convinced that you won’t have any failure and not take it in for replacement?

Don’t chop my head off. Just a question.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So let me ask you this: If they are replacing the pumps, will you take yours in to have it replaced or are you so convinced that you won’t have any failure and not take it in for replacement?

Don’t chop my head off. Just a question.
I will not. Every day my truck is unnecessarily in a shop, I lost about $800–not worth it to preemptively “fix” something that isn’t broken solely because of internet fear mongering.

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
555 Posts
Exactly......the entity that is working up this recall is the same one that wants to weld up my nuts......😖

Sam
They are also the same entity that worked up a full on A/C fix for 19-20 trucks built before 8/20 that's 7-9 hours of labor to rip out the front seats and dash and replace the HVAC box...

TSB #24-001-20

I'll reserve judgement until we hear back from RamCares.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I asked my dealer about 2020s needing a new pump, he had no idea. Well, it was a guy who helps the Sevice Manager and probably pretty clueless. I had to explain to him what that power convex mirror did, so I'm assuming he isn't really in the know.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I will not. Every day my truck is unnecessarily in a shop, I lost about $800–not worth it to preemptively “fix” something that isn’t broken solely because of internet fear mongering.
I would suspect that the time to replace a CP4 pump that has not yet failed in a recall is far less time than to replace one that has failed. I am seeing guys wating 1-2 months to repace the CP4 and any other engine components that failed as a result.

If I get a recall I'll have it replaced for sure...I dont need to be stuck on the side of the road somewhere miles from a dealership....Murphy's law...

Reactions: DarkHorse8

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ain’t going to be no recall. I contacted Fiat and asked if they will meet met half way and pay for half of a cp3 conversion on my 2019. They told me to pound sand.

·
Registered
171 Posts
So what will you do if your pump fails after warranty and the repair cost is $15,000 (25% of what the truck cost)?

Or perhaps worst; it takes out your engine. What will you do then?

Will you be honest and post here letting us know what happen?

81 - 100 of 177 Posts