Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you that are having issues are any where close to Wyoming I would highly recommend going to Cowboy Dodge in Cheyenne. These guys really know the 6.7 and all the fixes and issues. They are top notch. Colorado Dealerships SUCK. I had my first oil change in the truck at Cherry Creek Lithia and they forgot to put oil in the engine! Tried to get service for check engine lights at the Fort Collins Lithia and got the same exact run around that you guys are getting. You need to just really do some homework and find a dealer that sleeps with these motors. I will never go to a lithia again but even if I move Cowboy Dodge in Cheyenne is the place to go. Talk to Tim he is the service manager.

I went in to get the exhaust (dpf cracked) and the turbo(p2262 code) looked at. I knew they needed replaced so I scheduled a examination for it. Sure enough came back and told me that the turbo and exhaust needed replaced (already knew it). He asked to leave the truck and that it would be done in two days. I asked for a loaner car and expected to hear "we dont do that" or "it will cost you $ x a day". Instead to my suprise he says how does a Stratus sound? I said sure and when it came to it I asked how much and he said NO COST. I live 50 miles from the dealership and they still didnt care. Thats what I call customer service. Great guys to deal with as well and he called me in less that 24 hours and had the new turbo and exhaust on and the truck ready to go! Great guys and they have learned from experience. They dont have to call someone every time a 6.7 comes in and they know how to fix them. They also had the parts on the shelves waiting cause they know the issues. I was blown away by their service and figured I would let you guys all know about it and if your close or willing to take a few days off to stay in Cheyenne with a free loaner car while your truck gets fixed its well worth it.

A lot of guys are willing to drive to Idaho just to get a deal on a truck well I am telling you its worth it to drive to Wyoming to get it fixed.:thumbsup

·
SuperDuperMod
2,813 Posts
heard good things about them. thats good to know, im only a couple hours away.

·
Registered
735 Posts
thats good that you got a good dealership to go to, i've had a horribe experiance with my local one. they told me that i needed a new injection pump, when i never did, luckily i solved the problem instead of believing them

·
Registered
430 Posts
thats good that you got a good dealership to go to, i've had a horribe experiance with my local one. they told me that i needed a new injection pump, when i never did, luckily i solved the problem instead of believing them
which dealer?

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
I have a great one in Sealy TX. Every time i have been there i have gotten a Diesel loaner truck to drive. I have a reg cab 6.7 loaner that i am driving now. My ECM is being replaced on my truck. It should of been ready on friday but they got a ECM with a 06 5.9 loaded in it. He did not find out until it was in. The truck would run about 4 seconds and die. It would have been great if the truck would of ran with that 5.9 ECM in it. I could have said good bye to the DPF and EGR for good with out any fooler box in it. oh well.

But if you are near houston they are west on I-10. Also i think the treatment is a little better when you buy a truck from them as most are like that

·
Banned
393 Posts
Well thats a given... i dont live in wyoming, but spent some time up there in Thermopolis, and Cody. People up there are a little more stand up, and are all a little more hard working, they know how to earn their dollar, thats why i plan to settle there. HeII, best dang fella around was from wyoming...Chris Ledoux!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cherry Creek Lithia has always had a bad rap. You couldnt of went to a worse dealer. I've had bad experience with them too. I deal with Broadway Dodge and so far so good.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I temporarily live like a block from the Cherry Creek dealership so I figured It would only be like two minutes out of my way. BIG MISTAKE they are horrible. They should not even have a service center there at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts