Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks,, couple random questions,,
from my vin # can i findout what the front & rear pigs are? i want to get the dif fluid changed.
and what gauges do you guys like? id rathe have a monitor, but i have not found 1 i like...
Thanks Cody

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Good monitor is the Edge CTS. Gauges i like isspro since dipricol shut down. Diff fluid id 75/90 full synthetic but you can use the regular oil but it ups the change interval. You have a AAM 9.25 up front and probably a 10.5 in the rear or an 11.5 either way same fluid.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The cts is a nice monitor set up if u prefer that over actual gauges. Honestly I don't know if its an actual programmer or no haha id only use it as a limited personally just because edge programmers tend to make engines run high egts if ur towing. Alot of guys love smarty but downside with the smarty is you need gauges so you could get a smarty jr which is good for a bump in mileage and extra power towing and joint that with the cts all for probably less that a smarty sr haha. If you have an automatic and don't want to dump money into it get gauges or a monitor, open up ur exhaust system with a better muffler or even no muffler and stop there haha. Much power over stock especially towing eats the stock trans. If its a manual just get a bigger clutch and keep adding power as you please haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts