Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i put an s&b intake on and it keeps making a check engine light comp on. will it throw a code or did i not get somethang conected right??

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and another what is this flash thang yall are all talking bout what does it do?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
what code are you seeing?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dunno its just the check engine light

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
check the key on off on trick and tell us the code and someone will pipe in

Chrs

·
Registered
692 Posts
ok so i put an s&b intake on and it keeps making a check engine light comp on. will it throw a code or did i not get somethang conected right??
Unplug the connections and plug back in.
Make sure the connections are clean.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright i will try that. but im putting the edge on tomorrow so it dont really matter

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok and what is this flash thing everyone is talking bout?

·
Registered
382 Posts
S&B cold air intake

Hey i have the same intake. I never got a check engine light though. However, one of my connectors to (if I remember correctly) would not fully lock down on the sensor because it rubbed the side of the air tube. I just trimmed it off with a pocket knife and it snapped into place. Works fine and no code. This may be your problem if I had to guess.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Flashes

ok and what is this flash thing everyone is talking bout?
The latest "Flash" is for your engine control module. This is like the firmware for your microprocessor which controls the inputs and outputs from your truck. It is somewhat the brain of the truck. A new flash will cause certain parameters to be changed to obtain better performance results etc.

So the latest flash for my truck is the AX flash. If you have an automatic you will have a different flash.

The latest flash should also incorporate the overhead console. It will be reflashed as well to warn you about regeneration and there should be a sticker added to say your sun visor that explains about the regeneration process.

Also with this latest flash you will receive a booklet and a DVD that explains your exhaust system and your intervention to keep it maintained.

:hyper:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hum ok now do i have to go the delership to get it flashed??

·
Registered
382 Posts
Flashes

hum ok now do i have to go the delership to get it flashed??
Yeah bud, you sure do. Sometimes they wont want to do the flash unless you have a problem such as a check engine light. I had two stored codes, but my C.E.L. was not illuminated so I just told them sometimes the light comes on and then goes off. They wound up reflashing it and the codes have not came back.

You can check to see what your codes are by turning the ignition on and off 3 times quickly. You will see the code number pop up in the odometer section of your speedometer. After the codes are displayed it will say -done-.. if there are no codes you will see --------- and then -done-.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok do i turn the truck on or just the ingintion?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
just the ignition

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok it gave me these.
p0073
p2228
p0489

what do these mean?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
p-0073 is air temp sensor too high
p-2228 is barometric pressure curcuit low
p-0489 is egr control circuit low.

ok so i foud out what they were now what does it all mean..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts