Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my truck to work this morning (20miles) and had no issues let it warm up a few mins as usual it is about 40 outside. I was at work for about 2 hrs and had to go run an errand. I started the truck up, let it warm up as soon as I put it in drive the ETC light came on. There was no loss of power or anything. I drove about 10 miles and the light was still on. I got to my destination shut the truck off did what I needed to do, came back out started it up and now no light. What the hell is that? Is this a common issue? Anything to be concerned about? Anything I can do to eliminate the issue?

Also had a question about oil changes. I have read all the threads about what type of oil/ filter. How many of you guys change your own oil? Is it similar to changing the oil on a gasser? i.e. pull drain plug, remove filter, replace filter, replace drain plug, put oil in? How many quarts does it take?

Thanks guys!
Jeff

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Mine Just Did It The Day Before Going In For Recall Work, Dealer Didnt Find Any Thing On Ecm, But I Noticed My Truk Hickup When I Set The High Idle, It Cleared It Self, Hasnt Had A Prob Yet

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Mine did the same thing before having the G30 recall done on it a couple years ago and no problems since..Seemed like when I started cold and manually turned on the EBrake is when it would flash the light...

As for the Oil the truck holds 12quarts total, nothing too special about changing it, just make sure you have a nice big catch pan...The filter is kinda a pain in the arse to get at as it's up on the passenger side, I actually trimmed some of the plastic in the fender liner so I could access it from the side instead of laying under it. Make sure you run a CJ4 oil in the truck to keep all the emission control crap happy and I use Fleetguard Filters #LF3972 and keep records of all you oil changes and what you used and that should keep the warranty people happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts