Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Couple of Questions

522 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  NCcummins
Early 04 2WD Dually.

What exhaust, dont really want outrageous, and dont want stacks???

Gauges? Where to get them and which ones should I go with?

Intake? Which one is the best for my truck?

Upgrades for greater fuel mileage???? Your thoughts???
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· hydraulic lifter crew
13,324 Posts
you can get a cheap 4" exhaust for your truck.
i run isspro gauges, they match factory dash great.
some guys run di procols as well as autometers.

get a good drop in filter and cut up the stock air
box. in my opinion, you dont need to spend $200
on an intake.

smarty jr for mileage...

· NADEAU
1,908 Posts
Early 04 2WD Dually.

What exhaust, dont really want outrageous, and dont want stacks???
MBRP 4" sounds great.

Gauges? Where to get them and which ones should I go with?
I have a EGT, Boost, and Fuel PSI, they seem the best for a 3 gauge set up. A rail pressure wouldn't hurt either.

Intake? Which one is the best for my truck?
I have always had aFe on my trucks. Have it on my dually and like it a lot. About to replace the filter with a AMSOIL filter though.

Upgrades for greater fuel mileage???? Your thoughts???

I would put a FASS or Air Dog on the truck. Then go with a chip/programmer of your choice

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
[/QUOTE]

· Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MBRP 4" sounds great.

I have a EGT, Boost, and Fuel PSI, they seem the best for a 3 gauge set up. A rail pressure wouldn't hurt either.

I have always had aFe on my trucks. Have it on my dually and like it a lot. About to replace the filter with a AMSOIL filter though.

I would put a FASS or Air Dog on the truck. Then go with a chip/programmer of your choice

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
[/QUOTE]

OK cool, I forgot to mention that the lift pump went out on mine so i have already replaced it with an Air Dog II. I love it and it works like a champ, so all the stuff I get will have to work with the Air Dog II.

· NADEAU
1,908 Posts
OK cool, I forgot to mention that the lift pump went out on mine so i have already replaced it with an Air Dog II. I love it and it works like a champ, so all the stuff I get will have to work with the Air Dog II.[/QUOTE]

Air Dog and FASS work the same way...One is just the son and the other is the father :thumbsup:

If you already have a fuel pump, your on the right road! Go with the exhaust and intake of your choice and your doing great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.