Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dually so buying 6 tires instead of 4 makes a considerable difference in cost.

Costco is currently having a promo on Bridgestone tires. I had the "Bridgestone Dueler A/T" on my Toyota Tacoma, and I really liked them.

So now with my 2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW, I'm considering:

Bridgestone Dueler H/T
Warranty: 50,000 miles
Total with installation, tax, promo, Costco/Visa cashback: $1,190.86 ($198.48 per tire)

Michelin LTX A/T2
Warranty: 60,000 miles
Total with installation, tax, Costco/Visa cashback: $1,611.06 ($268.51 per tire)

The cost difference is $420.02 which is significant to me.

I've read a lot of recommendations of the Michelins, but at a cost of $420.02 more, are the Michelins really worth the extra cost over the Bridgestones? I think the tires that are on the truck now are "General" brand.

You may ask how I use my truck: It's a daily driver for all 4 seasons about 8,000 miles per year, and I also tow a fifth-wheel RV trailer with it for about 1,000 of those miles.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I had lousy luck with Bridgestone AT's. Flats,chunks of rubber coming off with minimal offroading and finally a total tread separation on the right front resulting in $3300 damage in seconds.
I'd pay the difference.
Ask Costco how long it would take to get a replacement Michelin in the event of a malfunction. Nothing in San Diego county.
I blew one out,mounted the spare and Costco said it'd take 8 days for a replacement. This is with a 265-70-16,hardly a rare size.
The manager told me to go to Discount and bring him the receipt.
I don't use them anymore.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I've had great luck with Michelins in several application but that's a pretty steep premium to pay for the upgrade. Costco rotates sales between these two brands and I usually just wait for the right sale on the tires I'm interested in. If you're interested in an all terrain, you might take a look at the Cooper At3's which are priced between the two brands you're looking at. Great tires, as good or better that the two you're looking at and at a decent price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow my Costco in Hillsboro Oregon has the LTX A/t2 for $247.99 including $15 fee for installation, the Defender LTX M/S is $240.99 it has a 50K warranty...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts