Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

cortex problems

734 Views 9 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  cumminsdieselfreak
I bought a superchip cortex and have never been able to use it would not up load in my p/u superchips was saying a bullydog tune or a skim code in it I finally got a dealer to reflash it and now the tuner needs to be updated did that and it can back with it needed to contact superchips because there wasn't a tune for the new reflash very frustrating anyone else have this problem.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it only took about 5 minutes to update, I have never been able to upload this tuner into my cummins but it will work in my 1/2 ton hemi and it usually has a bullydog tuner installed.

· Joe @ DDP Motorsports
1,607 Posts
You sure it wasn't ordered just for a hemi? They can program them just for a specific vehicle if it's ordered directly from Superchips

Also call Superchips and tell them this your troubles, back in the day when i had one it wouldn't work right because it needed to be calibrated, if this is the case they will send you a download/update to cure it.. Good Luck!

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it should be calibrated for several dodges, that is why I bought it. just very frustrated since I bought the tuner to help this slug of a truck out, and it has been to the dealer several times. even different dealers costing me several hundred $$ and nothing, truck is very disapointing to drive.

· Joe @ DDP Motorsports
1,607 Posts
By calibrated i mean there are modules inside the programmer itself that need to be aligned or calibrated, if they are not calibrated they will tell your ECM to do different things and that's why you get the Contact Superchips Error.. This is just what they told me from my experience's..

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand, hope that is all that is wrong guess I will find out on monday when they open back up.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh ya forgot to say thanks alot for your input, just needed to hear some else has had this problem, hopefully this truck will better soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.