Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long winter, I either have brake dust staining or corrosion on my stock 2008 rims. Wondering if anyone has a product they can recommend to clean without damage?

·
Registered
886 Posts
are they clear coated? IF they are not or you want to strip them so you can polish them let me know. It takes some work but they'll look like chrome then you can just polish them a couple times a year and keep some wax on them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Best thing I have found to clean that up is...Super Clean Cleaner on a sponge, Do not use a brush you will scratch the rims. Then good ol Turtle Wax Chrome cleaner. That is if you have the chrome wheels. That is the best solution I have found. Takes a little elbow grease but that is what I do on my Mother-in-law cruiser after 3 months of driving and no cleaning. Comes clean looks awesome.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
I've used Meguires Hot Rims before (spray bottle). Stuff works good at getting that crap off.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - don't know if they're clear coated or not.....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks - don't know if they're clear coated or not.....

IF they are clear coated do not use Power clean. I had an employee put them on my alcoa rims and they tarnished them. Never able to get that shine back.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
are they clear coated? IF they are not or you want to strip them so you can polish them let me know. It takes some work but they'll look like chrome then you can just polish them a couple times a year and keep some wax on them.
Factory is clear coated. :doh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts