Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Is there a difference between the gas and diesel core supports?
on the i/c trucks, absolutely... a few differences: the upper and lower radiator mounts; the lower i/c mounts and the verticle structural braces for the side mounts; and the i/c end tank pass thru's.

on non i/c truck, im not sure. maybe just the way the radiator mounts.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Go to partshotlines.com it will search all major junkyards. I looked this morning for your part and there were several on there. I have purchased several off here in the past. I think there is even one in TX for you

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Theres one in TX on CL. been there for a couple months... from what i understand its brand new never been installed, just painted. looks super clean. if i run across the ad again, i will post it. ~$300 IIRC

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have just used the clips and bolts from the old core support i am replacing. However if you dont have any just ask when you call them if they can send those with it. usually they will leave the clips on the support and if you have at least one bolt you can take it into a place like shamrock bolt and screw. They can match pretty much anything. it looks like they are only in MO and AR but there are other chains that do the same thing. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hey where are you guys finding the hardware like bolts and nutsclips so on. Same websites I assume ?
DORMAN parts from any autoparts store has the bolts and speed nuts.

the only bolts i couldnt find were the longer ones that mount the outside tabs of the intercooler. cant remember the size/length. i just went to lowes and got a stainless bolt and washer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The other day I ran across somebody advertising a kit to convert any 70's -91gas or diesel into a 91.5-93 core support you just have to correct for headlight buckets and matching Grill model changes of the doner.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Wanted to put a bump in here, as I’m looking for a 93 core support. Thanks for any help!
I searched for a '91.5-'93 support for a couple months last summer... Kind of a hard item to find in good shape. Most of them get eaten by leaking battery acid.
The other day I ran across somebody advertising a kit to convert any 70's -91gas or diesel into a 91.5-93 core support you just have to correct for headlight buckets and matching Grill model changes of the doner.
Interesting. Sounds like a fair option if it's a well put-together kit. In my opinion, not worth the hassle if things don't line up like they're supposed to. Hard to beat OEM.
I would hope this kit has mini aero-tontos built in for leading edge aeordynamics?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts