Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Copilot and Mag-Hytec Pan ordered!!

3K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  patrickSDP 
#1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger on the ATS Copilot and a Mag-Hytec Trans pan!! :party018::party018:Thanks James

Ill post up some pics of the install when I get it.

#8 ·
Came home tonight and tripped over my Mag-Hytec trans pan sitting on the front porch. Hopefully my Copilot shows up tomorrow. I'll post up pics as soon as I start the install....can't wait!

#10 ·
Did you ever get the stuff installed? I am curious as to what your opinion is on the co-pilot.

Reactions: airborneRGR
#11 ·
Did you upgrade to the billit threaded nipple for the spin on filter? How time consuming was this? Does anyone know if the torque converter has a drain plug on these truck? Thanks :thumbsup:

#12 ·
Still have not received my copilot...James said it ships directly from ATS. I guess they're sending it by horseback. If this is any indication of how they normally do business, I won't be buying my Trans from them.

#13 ·
That sucks. You might shoot Patrick a pm and see if he can tell you what's going on. I am sure he will get it squared away.

#16 ·
Why copilot over h&s overdrive?

#21 ·
Copilot ROCKS. Makes the truck run and shift like it should. Before I got mine, it would down shift at lite throttle and gain 1000 rpm. Now it holds and the truck runs awesome. ")

#23 ·
Just got it today!! So I wasted no time getting in in. Here are some pics of the install.

All the parts that came from RSD.

Where the Harness plugs in

Control Module mounted to the drivers side frame.

I mounted the control box under the radio, the wiring harness was just long enough to make this happen......I didn't like where they suggested to mount it. Plus I wanted it up higher where I could see it.

Sorry for the crappy pics, they were with my cell phone.

I took it for a test drive and it shift a TON better just in stock mode. I bumped it up to level 3 and put my mini maxx on wild. HOLY CRAP this this F'ing hauls ares!! Shifts nice and solid!! No more driving around at 35mph in 6th gear either.

Very easy install, it took about 1 1/2 hours. The only issue I ran into was that they said to tap a brown with white stripe on my TPS, but that wire didn't exist. Luckily they also stated that it was the number 2 wire in the connector (mine was black with a red stripe). Hooked it all up and it ran great. I didn't have much time for a test drive, so I'll take it out tomorrow and give it a better run.

I need some 625 head studs now.......James let me know when you get some in!!

Reactions: holz0830
#26 ·

I took it for a test drive and it shift a TON better just in stock mode. I bumped it up to level 3 and put my mini maxx on wild. HOLY CRAP this this F'ing hauls ares!! Shifts nice and solid!! No more driving around at 35mph in 6th gear either.

Very easy install, it took about 1 1/2 hours. The only issue I ran into was that they said to tap a brown with white stripe on my TPS, but that wire didn't exist. Luckily they also stated that it was the number 2 wire in the connector (mine was black with a red stripe). Hooked it all up and it ran great. I didn't have much time for a test drive, so I'll take it out tomorrow and give it a better run.

I need some 625 head studs now.......James let me know when you get some in!!
Which Co-Pilot did you get? Only the early models from the first 1/2 of last year had to tap the TPS, the later models (last half of last year) no tapping anything but the MAP sensor.

#31 ·
It's good to hear that you're liking it airborneRGR. I have been wanting to pull the trigger and order one myself after all the positive feedback I have heard but some wonderful unexpected things have come up and drained the bank account. That has to recover before I can do anything else but I am thinking the co-pilot is next unless I do the g56 swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.