Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..so I just ordered my leveling kit yesterday and now am in the hunt for tires. At first I was just going to get BFG AT's b/c of price but I think I'm just going to go ahead and pay a little extra for some nice MT's. I have narrowed it down between Cooper STT's 35/12.50 or Toyo M/T 35/12.50:$:. The Toyo's are like 40 bucks more for all 4 so I was just wondering which yall would choose?:popcorn:

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
If ya got the money then I say go for the Toyo's...but if you are broke :$: like me I would go with the STT's. I have heard nothing but good things about them and the look really sharp too :thumbsup.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Go with the cooper STTs, I have them and they are great. Toys are overly priced and are a soft tread which you won't see to many miles out of them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
STT's hands down!!!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Go with the cooper STTs, I have them and they are great. Toys are overly priced and are a soft tread which you won't see to many miles out of them.
How many miles do you expect to get out of your STTs?

·
Registered
151 Posts
i know you said you were gonna pay the extra for the MTs, which i cant blame you, but if you decide to go the AT way, Toyo Open Country's are sweet, ride good, and are well priced, IMO.
Good luck brotha

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Toyo's with soft treads :w: Guess I should have gotten something else, I only have 60,000 miles on mine and they look like they are only going to last about another 20,000. Darn, guess I got hosed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Go with the Toyo's.I put them on before the snow hit,And they will go anywhere and they have a high speed rating:peelout and they look sexy for a tire.:beer

·
Registered
756 Posts
How many miles do you expect to get out of your STTs?
30k, works for me. I won'thave them much longer, need to get some 35x12.50.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Toyo's with soft treads :w: Guess I should have gotten something else, I only have 60,000 miles on mine and they look like they are only going to last about another 20,000. Darn, guess I got hosed.
Do you have AT's or MT's? With what your saying, I would go with Toyos

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Both Cooper STT and Toyo MT are great tires. I'm usually torn between the two and so far have kept running Coopers. I've been very happy with them. The Toyos do win out in some sizes since you can often find the Toyos in an E load rating while the Coopers are in a load D.

-Chuck

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Toyos are extremely precision built and require minimal weight to balance. My BFG's were the opposite.

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
yeah stts dont last half as long as anything else lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have STT's and love em!!

·
SC Chapter President
1,024 Posts
I have Cooper STT 35x12.50x17 on my rig and so far I LOVE them, they look awesome with the white letters out and they're reasonably priced.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts