Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions on Water Wetter, Purple Ice, or similar producs. Do they make a difference. (I live in Tucson AZ) I plan on going with an 80% distilled water and 20% coolant with Purple Ice.

I was in the process of adding Purple Ice but for some reason my radiator won't drain - took off radiator cap then turned petcock 90 degrees (bottom driver side on radiator)and nothing came out? Is there another step that I am missing?

07.5 4X4 Mega SLT Auto - stock at this point in time.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
there is a vent on the passenger side of the engine that may have to be opened. Its by the EGR cooler. It has a sticker on it that says something to the effect of Vent where when filling.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Opinions on Water Wetter, Purple Ice, or similar producs. Do they make a difference. (I live in Tucson AZ) I plan on going with an 80% distilled water and 20% coolant with Purple Ice.

I was in the process of adding Purple Ice but for some reason my radiator won't drain - took off radiator cap then turned petcock 90 degrees (bottom driver side on radiator)and nothing came out? Is there another step that I am missing?

07.5 4X4 Mega SLT Auto - stock at this point in time.

I use Water Wetter in every thing. Yes it does work. I mainly use it to give the water pump some extra lube. :thumbsup

·
Registered
721 Posts
Water wetter is awsome, I use it in all my bikes and my old Chevy.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Same here Water Wetter, and Redline oils in everything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts