Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Not sure any of them carry the right coolant. I think only Mopar is available I get mine from Amazon. If you mix them with other coolants you will get a mess in your cooling system. 68163848AB

·
Registered
367 Posts
Reactions: lilbxl

·
Registered
14,010 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Running low on coolant and was told it would be okay to mix rotella coolant with factory coolant....thoughts?
Well, I wouldn't do it, but if you did then too late now!

Keep your fingers crossed and go on.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mixing HOAT and OAT is a big no no. I don't even trust the dealers when messing with my coolant. FCA swapped from HOAT to OAT somewhere around 2014. The mopar HOAT was orange, and the OAT is purple which looks like orange visually in your overflow after a short time. It causes some really bad gelling when mixing the different types.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Keep you fingers crossed ? I won't let you work on mine.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I never buy the premixed, way cheaper to buy the concentrated coolant and cut it 50/50 with distilled water, you get twice as much for the same price.
I buy concentrate as well and mix myself. If you use distilled water, you need to make sure your sca? I believe, levels are up to snuff or it’ll become corrosive.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I buy concentrate as well and mix myself. If you use distilled water, you need to make sure your sca? I believe, levels are up to snuff or it’ll become corrosive.
It is fresh concentrated coolant, designed to be mixed with distilled or de-ionized water, so the sca levels should be spot on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Always match the color of your coolant .............believe it or not all green coolant is the same it comes from one manufacturer just a different jug, except for Prestolite its made somewhere else

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Always match the color of your coolant .............believe it or not all green coolant is the same it comes from one manufacturer just a different jug, except for Prestolite its made somewhere else
Color alone is never a sure way to compare. There is no color chart for coolant.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
If your truck came with green stay with green if orange stay with orange you should not change color its there for a reason
Caterpillar describes theirs as strawberry red, where does that fall in with red ?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I buy the concentrate and mix mine 50/50 with distilled water. My Challenger, Jeep Wrangler, and my Ram 3500 dually all take it Mopar OAT. if you get the concentrate and one gallon of distilled water mix the 2 then the ratio is on the money and the price = about $12 a gallon. Cheap enough for the right recommended OAT. Why guess at using anything else.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I need to get coolant for when i finally swap my recalled water pump. Whats the best way to dispose of OAT?? Fire, storm drain, river, lake, ground, water dishes for feral cats, or other? Obviously asking for a friend.

Reactions: Jimmy N.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts