Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dunno if this is in the right forum folks...after truck is up to 190 degrees i can see that the needle goes down a little to like 185 to 193..is that just the thermostat opening and closing? I dont think it is a problem..is it tho? i have checked it with the att. monitor..it is accurate.ISB's just cool different..didnt really notice that on my '03.

· Registered
2,047 Posts
Just the thermostat opening and closing. The stock cummins thermostat flows more water than a replacement you get at an auto part store so you see more fluctuation in temperature. The napa thermostat I put in mine had a smaller opening and it doesn't fluctuate as much as it used to.

It's nothing to worry about though.

· Kansas Chapter VP
Big Red. 1993 W350. NV 4500. HX35.
5,411 Posts
Just the thermostat opening and closing. The stock cummins thermostat flows more water than a replacement you get at an auto part store so you see more fluctuation in temperature. The napa thermostat I put in mine had a smaller opening and it doesn't fluctuate as much as it used to.

It's nothing to worry about though.
Hey,

:agree2::agree2:

Mine does the same thing!!!!:thumbsup:

Later,
Winslow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.