Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Coolant Leak???????????

624 7
i noticed the other day i puddle of coolant under my truck the other day where i was parked. when i looked under the truck it was completely soaked. and the was i bracket under the altenator that seem to be were the leak is coming from. has anyone had this problem before? thanks
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Kansas Chapter VP
Big Red. 1993 W350. NV 4500. HX35.
5,411 Posts
Hey,

Check and make sure it isn't the thermostat housing leaking!!! Also check the corner of the head gasket as I've seen it leak there before!!:thumbsup:

Later,
Winslow

· Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like it's time for a head gasket. I'm getting ready to do mine as well. :doh: Mine is leaking in the front passenger side corner.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i checked the thremostat and the head gasket. if you look under the hood you couldnt tell. but look under it and you can see it. it looks like where one of teh raditor hoses plug into some kinda bracket or somethen. it like like right above the water pump.

· Registered
792 Posts
could be the little hose thats elbowed into the block. mine cracked and only had a little spay on the turbo.

how long has it been leaking. is it getting worse. if its the same then it might be a hose. if its getting worse then could be the water pump or something like that.

· Registered
792 Posts
well...looks like youll have to get in there with a rag and get dirty then. with it running try to find where its coming from and just keep wiping it off until you see where its coming from. sounds more like a soft hose. should just be able to push on them when its pressurized.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.