Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

coolant leak

628 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  05BHcummins
so left my friends house and i got on it and then i drove 3 blocks to my house and as i pulled up i lost all my coolant in under a minute i cant see and hoses that came off or anything it looks like its comming from the somethign that loosk liek a heater core (new to diesels) any help pleasee
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
so its not coming out of the coolant bottle or radiator? little more info, where is it exactly coming from? i.e. side of block? crank case?

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hard to tell bc it came out so fast but left side of the motor (opposite side the turbo is on) kinda where the tranny meets the motor but a bit higher up

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
ok sounds like one of 3 things may happen, you have either lost a headgasket, a freeze plug has came out, or your loosing the rear main seal... no heater cores in the particular spot on our beast, can you get me a picture of it?

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found it. its a small 90 degree hose that goes to what looks liek a heater core but im not sure it is the biggest to get at the clamps though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.