Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning I noticed a 4" diamater of liquid under my truck. It looked clear. I was in a hurry so I didn't get to look to see what it was. After I got home I parked the truck where I normaly do and it sat for a couple hours. No leaks on the drive. This morning I go to leave for work and once again there is a small puddle on the drive. A little larger then yesterdays. I wipe the spot up with a paper towel and its pink. The spot is under the tranny. I crawl under the truck, the tranny is clean but I can see where it is wet down the side, I follow it up to the back of the engine (turbo side) but cannot see where it is comming from. From the top side I can't see any leaks.
Any ideas of where it might be leaking from, where to look?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
look undernieth the exhaust manifold there is a 3" piece of hose with 2 clamps on it, usually the clamps are loose mine were. it tends to leak when its colder out like your stating in the morning. if tightening the clamps doesnt work there is a updated hose that the dealer will put on for you.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yup...all the 06's had that problem. You would think for the price we pay, they could spare the better hose at the factory and keep the damn thing from leaking. I know there's a pic in here somewhere already of that hose...i'll see if i can find it and link you to it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Same things happended to my truck. There is a tube back behind the turbo that is known to leak. Dealer said that the turbo has to come off in order to replace the hose. If you still have warranty it is covered. If not i think it cost my 80 bucks to replace.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bet a $100 bucks its leaking from the reservior feadline from the radiator on the turbo side of the engine compartment. Just put a .15 cent hose clamp on it and forget about it.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update.
I went to the dealer to get the replacment hose. I told him that it was a callback/warrantee item. After about 15 minutes of searching they finally found the part.
He then told me that it wasn't a warrantee/call back item. I only have 31k on my truck, and they wanted 17.00 for three inches of hose! :coocoo :RANTIN:
I refused to pay it. Came home, tightened up the clamps and so far so good.

God, I hate dealers!!!!! They can kiss my :butt:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts