Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Unreconstructed
24,944 Posts
Don't know what to tell you...But it sure looks cool!

LOL

· Registered
613 Posts
I know alot of guys that run that kit.

Saves them on freeze plug and coolant surge issues.

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
ive heard they work extremely well....

· Registered
2,057 Posts
It will save your freeze plug for sure but, the blown head gaskets we have been seeing is not from to much coolant pressure, if that was the case then guys with any extra power would be poping these things..... its from to much cylinder pressure.

· Registered
1,298 Posts
It will save your freeze plug for sure but, the blown head gaskets we have been seeing is not from to much coolant pressure, if that was the case then guys with any extra power would be poping these things..... its from to much cylinder pressure.
:ditto:

:thumbsup:

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
Right, and lets not forget that if you have My style of cooler delete, not the plug style, you are basically accomplishing the same thing with that bypass tube :thumbsup: The tube vents the pressure from the rear of the head just as the bypass kit would. If you wanted to 1 up it that way you could probably move that coolant tap to the next allen plug back in the head.

· Pushing Dirt In Nebraska
57 Posts
Shibby, Is there a place that lists all of your products and mods for the 6.7. Everyday I read about more things you have done.:yourock::yourock:

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
I've experienced the blown rear freeze plug. Quite the experience. I had a hydrolock of the motor and it caused the rear plug to blow out as well as bend my flex plate.

· Premium Member
6,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you wanted to 1 up it that way you could probably move that coolant tap to the next allen plug back in the head.
Well, since i took leave all this week i decided to take you up on that offer...

I moved the coolant line to the next plug back, moved the fitting from that location (went to firewall) back to the furthest back & moved the furthest back plug to where the coolant line used to be :drool2:

I also replaced the PCV line (the one with the big silly bent metal piece in the middle) with the leftover 3/4ID rubber hose i bought for the coolant line... looks MUCH cleaner!

sorry shibby, that bright red hose with grease marks all over it had to go :shock::lol4:

I also yanked & sprayed my stock intake horn with semi-flat black high temp paint... its ghetto fabulous! :thumbsup:

· Registered
195 Posts
Well, since i took leave all this week i decided to take you up on that offer...

I moved the coolant line to the next plug back, moved the fitting from that location (went to firewall) back to the furthest back & moved the furthest back plug to where the coolant line used to be :drool2:

I also replaced the PCV line (the one with the big silly bent metal piece in the middle) with the leftover 3/4ID rubber hose i bought for the coolant line... looks MUCH cleaner!

sorry shibby, that bright red hose with grease marks all over it had to go :shock::lol4:

I also yanked & sprayed my stock intake horn with semi-flat black high temp paint... its ghetto fabulous! :thumbsup:

Sounds cool, any pics?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.